Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Will it always be this hard?

Don't get me wrong...I am loving running, loving it. I also know that I am pretty darn new to this whole running way of life. But I just want to know...will there ever be a time when the mileage that I want to run that day doesn't seem hard? Will there ever be a time when I can just jump up and run 5 miles (or whatever my current happy place with mileage is) and not think about how much further I have the whole time?

My point of no return seems to be right about the mile and a half mark. That is usually when I really want to stop for a minute and walk, but if I push through it, I have been hitting my goal. After that, my breathing seems to regulate and get much easier. Then, the only thing that I contend with is my legs and only if they are tired and have been run on recently.

I did another 4 miles today. I came in just short of 30 minutes, which was my goal (I wanted to see if Sunday was just a fluke ;)) But the big motivation number, as always for me, was the 512 calories burned! That just freaking rocks! 500 calories in half an hour!!! No way! Makes me want to run everywhere!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I'll let you know in a year if it will always be this hard :p seen as your ahead of me in starting times I will have to read all your comments to see what is said ;)

4Miles?? Great job hootchie! I bet those legs are getting pretty great looking eh?

J~Mom said...

Geesh, Lori. You are soooo fast!!! You are rocking!!

I think as we add distance to what we are doing then yes, the shorter distances will get easier. I remember when my 1/4 miles used to wear me out. I don't think 10 miles will every be *easy* but not be so much work, kwim.

Way to go!!!