Monday, November 13, 2006

Intro

Javamom finally talked me into starting a blog....thanks Lisa ;)

I started running at the end of September, I think. My whole purpose was to find an exercise that I enjoyed and would actually do to lose this baby weight from #3 and to shape up. Running seems like a no-brainer since it burns crazy calories and I am all about that, but I have NEVER been a runner! I mean, NEVER! I hated running all the way back to jr. high track..lol! Surprisingly, however, I am LOVING this! I mean, seriously. I can't wait to get out there and run and am constantly trying to go further than I did previously.

Other than just the fact that I am watching those calories burn off, I love the time I get by myself. Being a single mom with three kids, I am not very familiar with time to myself and this is like heaven to me!

I finally ran an entire 5K yesterday, actually did a whole 4 miles in 30:57 minutes, so I'm pretty proud of myself :)

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Wow!! 4 Miles! Great time too...I'm proud of you and your enthusiasm is encouraging and contagious!

Mmem said...

That is an awesome pace!!! You are a good runner already!

It's hard enough with kiddos and a dh, but single mom with kiddos? Glad you have running for the alone time.

WTG on your run:-) GL with the new blog, too:-)