Friday, November 24, 2006

D-Day

It's here. The 4-mile trail run is tomorrow. It's do or die and I have a feeling it may be the latter of the two :(

I ran Monday, Wednesday and Thursday of this week and have not had one run that was easy on me. I don't know what the deal is all of a sudden...weather changes, the increased mileage, or what ??? I don't know, but Thursday's was the worst by far. Major shin splints. I used to have wicked shin splints in high school, but since taking up running, have had absolutely no problems at all. Until, of course, two days before I am supposed to run a race :( Seriously! Not fair at all. I felt like they were cracking into a zillion pieces. I iced them after my run on Thanksgiving and again after we got home and I got all the kids to bed last night. They were a little sore tonight, but definitely better. I am going to find some stretches and try to get them stretched out really well before the run tomorrow. I just really don't want to end up walking the last half of the run. I will be so disappointed and I know that Jack will too.

Wish us luck. I'll be back with my update tomorrow!

1 comment:

J~Mom said...

Oh no! I am so sorry about your shins!!