Thursday, August 30, 2007

You Should Work for Criminals!

Alright, I understand that some people have a hard time giving compliments. And that men are particularly crappy at them. But this is the one I got from my boss the other day. And he meant it. I mean, really meant it. Like heaped it upon me as if he were telling me that my pants made my ass look hot, or that he could tell I have been working on my arms at the gym lately kind of compliments.

I work for lawyers...who some may think are criminals from time to time. But, I promise, mine are all pretty straight-laced, clean cut, by the book guys...except, of course, for one of my bosses. And he is actually one of the reasons that I was able to get out of bed every morning and actually come to work after Kruex died. The dude is freaking hilarious. You never know what is going to come out next and that works for me.

So he is filing a lawsuit for his soon-to-be-sister-in-law and she lives like 5 hours away. We send her the paperwork to sign and she obviously has the attention span of my 8-year-old and only signs 1 of the 2 lines with her name clearly marked. Thanks to my awesome background in Arts & Crafts, I actually was able to make it cleverly look like she signed both lines and we were able to get it filed.*

And he was so impressed by my talents that he told me "You should work for criminals!" I mean, really, what more could I ask for in a job?

*Just a note that I would not have forged documents for any clients that aren't related ;)

12 comments:

David said...

Nice work. Sounds like you gotz some mad skillz. I hope nobody concerned finds your blog, though!
;-)

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO You're a crafty crafty woman!! ;-) Wonder what kind of other tricks you have up your sleeve hehe ;-)

Scott McMurtrey said...

you - rock - hard

and that's a compliment coming from a guy so you know it must be true. :)

ws said...

love it...I think my old boss thought I was laundering money. I, of course, would be too paranoid to leave this post up for any length of time...the only reason I can think of why I wouldn't want to work for criminals.

Wes said...

Hmmmmm. I'm sending over a few things for your to sign :-)

jahowie said...

Me man, too stupid to understand or give compliments. :-)

Jess said...

I bet working for criminals pays well!

Mendy said...

Too funny!! Sounds like you enjoy your job. That's hard to come by these days.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Larissa said...

I work for lawyers,too! What a trip. I bet the criminals pay better.

Marathoner in Training said...

You now have demonstrated your true calling so if you decide to leave the legal field, you have some good skills to fall back on ;)
As for the cute ass or the arms comment, I am going to leave that one alone (too tempting). :)

Laurel said...

Hahaha, that is hilarious!

J~Mom said...

Sweet!! Nothing like putting your skillz to work. :>)