Thursday, August 16, 2007

Just How Much Crazy Does He Deserve?

So, Gym Guy called on Monday night. I was busy (and cough*screening*cough), so I didn't answer. I let it go to voicemail in which he left a very nice, non-obtrusive message. It ended up being a busy night and I didn't even sit down until around 11 p.m. So, at that point, I didn't want to call back since it was late, but I also didn't want him to think that I was just avoiding, so I sent a very nice, non-obtrusive text message back :P He must have received it because I had another missed call on my phone from him on Tuesday morning (took the kids to Bear's training camp and just didn't hear the phone ring).

In the meantime, I had another counseling appointment. This one was to go over the personality test I took last month. Apparently, I have a histrionic personality. Now for those of you who don't know what histrionic means, fret not. I had no clue either. But the best way to describe it is as a "drama queen". I know, I know...you are all thinking "No way! Not Lori!" Baffling...I agree. (Actually - just between you and me it was actually kind of validating to find out that my moments of insanity are actually because that is how I am and not because I have a chemical imbalance :P)

In talking to my counselor, I was able to realize that this part of my personality is actually only really prevalent with close family and in my relationships...you know that picking-fights-just-to-not-be-bored kind of mindset. I have been working on this even prior to hearing the results of the test, but they just provided further proof that it is something that REALLY needs work and like, sooner, not later.

So, this is what has stopped me in the last day and a half from calling this guy back. Don't worry...my hopes are not high that it will be anymore than a few phone calls, but just in case...doesn't he deserve to not have to be the guinea pig in this stroll through my insanity? Ugh...maybe I am just thinking about it too much, or making stupid excuses to just get out of calling him back because I am a chicken shit.

12 comments:

Jess said...

I wanna take a personality test! I wonder what I am.

Anyway, I think you should call him; what's the harm in a pleasant dinner or cup of coffee or drink? The worst that can happen is that you don't like him and then you have a justified reason for not continuing to speak to him. As of now, there's no justifiable reason to not speak to him, right?

Nikki said...

I think you should call him, not because I want to see him suffer :p But because I know you, and I know the inner "drama queen" is much more aware of herself and her wrath :p

Seriously though? we all need a guinea pig and he seems man enough(broad enough back) to take it...shit and abuse I mean, if that is what lets slip every now and then.

Wouldn't it show you how great of a guy he is or isn't? kWIM? if he can handle the worst time of your life, walk side by side with you and make you smile isn't he worth a phone call, cup of coffee or dinner?

Marcy said...

Me too Jess!! Although I must say I'd kind of be scared knowing the results. I have 6 y.o. child trapped in a 28 y.o body written all over me :-/

I agree with the other ladies. Give him a call! Why not? It's not like you have to rush down the aisle and get married to him :P

Larissa said...

Histrionic?!?!? OMG, are you my twin?

Seriously, about Gym Guy - don't play out the end before you've even begun!! Anyway, I believe that we are sent just what we need when we need it so . . .

Its just a phone call. (I know, easy for me to say, safely on the other side of single - - again - - ;)

J~Mom said...

Call Gym Guy!!! Maybe you can just meet for dinner..maybe he is really, really cool and if you don't call you will never know!

I totally do not think of you as a drama queen! It's hard for me to picture you that way.

Marathoner in Training said...

Thanks for visiting my blog last week. I am finally getting it looking ok, still looking for the right background, and color scheme.

I do not know you very well, but best of luck working with your councelor. As a parent of three, I feel that I could use a councelor some times, they can drive you crazy. As kids get older, pre-teen boys, it becomes a love/hate relationship. You love them with all your heart, buy sometimes you wonder "Who's children are these and why are they calling me Dad?"

As for Gym Guy, I will admit I have not read down your blogs, so here is my two cents based upon this blog. You were willing to give him your phone number, so talk to him. I assume that you both go to the same gym. If you blow him off, it could make tension when you see each other at the gym. If you spend some time talking to him and he sounds decent and not a jerk, then you have nothing to loose. If he seems like a jerk, then let him know that you are not looking for any relationships at this time.

Thats all you need is advice from a dad.

Any way, that is my two cents.

Unknown said...

Call him!

BTW, I wanna take a personality test!

Gotta Run..... said...

No way I want to take this test. I love living in the dark and knowing less than I should about myself!!

Go ahead and call him!

Scott McMurtrey said...

just to let you know - guys find text messages VERY sexy.

Mary Gee said...

I'm with everyone else... give him a call. If it starts looking like something is developing, you could be up front with him about this stuff. But why not have some fun?

jahowie said...

You don't have to fully bring the guy into your life. Maybe you can go out from time to time and have some FUN!! Stop being a "chicken shit" and give the guy a call. :-)

Wes said...

The world needs good drama queens :-) Yea, give the guy a chance. You can never have too many friends. Be straight up and honest about what you want (to yourself and him) and see what happens. No harm no foul :-)