Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Busy Days

It has been a busy weekend. I actually got in a 4-mile run Saturday morning, which is nothing for all of you, but it is the longest I have run since I got back into the habit again. Saturday night the kids and I headed to mom's to finish up some anniversary party stuff that she was supposed to do. It ended up being a very l-o-n-g night (but well worth it) and Sunday morning came way too early. We did 9 a.m. church with the grandparents and I really think this was the most long-winded, boring pastor I have heard since the last time I was in a Catholic church :P In one part of his sermon he commented how he was impressed with Peter and his ability to get "right to the point". I just wished it was something he had taken a bit more to heart :X The anniversary dinner was next and it was really nice. Everyone got along really well and it was nice to be in a room with all of my cousins and not feel bitter or irritated by a few of them.

I then had to leave the party at 1 p.m. (kids stayed with my mom) to go to Chicago and see Brad Paisley! Now, country is not always my thing and I have just started to listen to it again, but this was really a great concert. There were 8 of us girls that went together and another friend and her husband met us up there. We had soooooooo much fun and laughed all night long. It was a much needed trip and break from the kids. We didn't get home until after 1:30 a.m. and, with work yesterday, it made for a tiring day, especially with my short sleep the night before.

But today is another day and the plan is to go for a run tonight. My little brother actually called last night to see if I wanted to run with him. I almost ran my car off the road! He has always maintained that running to run is just stupid and he has no desire to just go out and run! LMAO He decided last night that he wants to be in awesome shape for basketball season (which is right around the corner) and thinks that running may be the way to do it. I may just get him to do the Thanksgiving run with me that Jack and I did last year. I think it would be fun to turn that into an annual *family* run.

12 comments:

Marathoner in Training said...

Brad Paisley, that is cool. I enjoy a lot of his music. Running 4 miles is awesome, you should be prould of yourself. I am only up to 5 miles at the most. My training plan only has me running 50 minutes max, that will increase slowly, but surely. I can appreciate what you mean about being glad to get along with all the relatives. I find that challenging also. Keep up the good work.

David said...

I've never really been into his music, but I do like Fred Plaid a lot. Not as organic a style as Paisley; more structured.

:-p

Good idea on the family run. Maybe you can guilt your brother into committing to it on that premise.

jahowie said...

You've inspired your younger brother then. Very cool. We started a new tradition last year with a Turkey Trot run and it was a blast!! Country music is not really my thing, but I'm glad you had a great time!! :-)

Jess said...

Good job on your 4!

ws said...

so how did the run with your brother go? I can't imagine even lasting a mile with my brother...

Wes said...

Good deal on being a bad influence on li'l bro! I'm sure he'll appreciate it!! Who is the Paisley guy? I thought Paisley was something I cookdd with ;-)

Larissa said...

Way to go, sis - I'm tellin' ya, running is infectious. Show him how its done.

And 4 miles is nothing to sneeze at. A run is a run, don't diss it, baby.

Glad you had fun partying - those are rare moments when you're a mom, but they sure are precious!

Unknown said...

4 miles is 4 miles. Be proud that you are going in the right direction.

J~Mom said...

That is so cool your brother wants to join you!! Four miles is great!

Scott McMurtrey said...

great that you kicked some 4 mile butt.

and very funny about the long-winded sermon! :D

Michelle said...

You know what? A lot of people can't or won't run four miles at once. You did great!!!

Mendy said...

I remember my first 4 mile run when I started back running last year and to me, it was a big accomplishment, as it should be for you too! Awesome job!!!!

I think Paisley was here in NYC last night, and the only reason I know that is cause when we were walking around Time Square, there were so many girls with cowboy hats on.