Monday, August 20, 2007

Too Little Too Late?

Aw, the wonders of technology :P I don't know what the heck I did, but my home computer is minus an operating system right now. I have a friend who gave me a recovery disk, but after it does its little scan there is a prompt and for the life of me, I can't figure out what I am supposed to tell it to do. So, until I can either figure it out or talk to someone about it, I have no home internet...and I gotta tell you...it's been hard :P

Anyway, I just wanted to give a little update on the guy from the gym...

I did end up talking to him on Friday. He was all about trying to get together on Saturday, so I told him I would see what I could do and let him know. I found a sitter and suggested hitting the batting cages (to his voicemail). No call back until SUNDAY afternoon!!! I let that one go to voicemail and am pretty sure I won't be calling him back anytime soon.

It may be bitchy, but I feel like I really went back and forth about even talking to him in the first place, then I did it, put myself out there and then get this lame-ass message about why he couldn't call back until 2 days later. So, in my opinion, that ship has sailed and it is his loss. Is that wrong?

I'm getting ready to head to the gym in a few. I think we are working upper body today, which is my favorite...maybe if the rain ever stops I will get an evening run in, too.

11 comments:

Larissa said...

Good call on gym guy. If you have to work at making it work in the beginning, when things are supposed to be easy, forget it. Anyway, you deserve someone who's totally into you and whom you are totally into. Anything else isn't worth your time.

Hope your computer is up and running soon. Have fun at the gym!

Marcy said...

Nope you did the right thing. No sense in waiting for him. I don't think it's bitchy. Your time is valuable. No man is worth waiting for, IMO. Let him wait for YOU. ;D

Marathoner in Training said...

Good for you. The batting cage was a great idea, non threatening and in public. My hat is off to you. I hope that your computer gets fixed soon. If you were near by, I would offer my services, that is what I do for a living.

J~Mom said...

Ohhh I just don't know...I think I need to know what his excuse was before I can judge. :>)

Hope you had a good day at the gym!

Jess said...

Considering you have to get a sitter and you can't just go out at a moment's notice, then yeah, you did the right thing.

Amy said...

I say good for you for not being a doormat...there are too many of those in the world.
You totally did the right thing.

jahowie said...

You did the right thing. Batting cages would have been a lot of fun too!! His loss. Good luck with the computer.

Wes said...

Whatever you decide is the right decision :-) Having to get a baby sitter makes this process a little more formal. I'm kind of a let things sort themselves out and see what happens kind of guy. I realize you have other responsibilities so that may not work for you.

If you need some lame advice on your computer. Email me with what is going on....

Gotta Run..... said...

Rain... what is that...LOL!! Get out there and run in it girl!! It is the best.

As for the guy, I would forget him all together. Lame excuses are just that... LAME! Next!!!!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

hmmmm not sure what to say about the gym rat, he might just be a playa looking for a Sat night fling so becareful ...

I will say that in the beginning, middle and end there is always the give & take and it won't always work out EXACTLY how u want it so just don't get too pissed if all the ducks dont fall in a row right out the gates...u may have to work at it to make it work, just like anything else in life right?!

Good luck with ur PC I have had my share of time with that friggin recovery disk, it sucks :-(

Laurel said...

Yeah, what was his excuse??

I am always a little weirded out by meeting someone at the gym anyway.