Monday, February 11, 2008

Work Shmerk

This is turning out to be such a busy month and I'm not really sure why. I spent the weekend in Chicago and had a ball. My friend Kathy (workout partner that I work with) and I went up to her son's and spent the day on Saturday with her daughter-in-law - shopping on Michigan Avenue, lunching at The Cheesecake Factory (OMG! That place is awesome!) and then eating dinner at an Italian tapas restaurant. It was my first experience with a tapas restaurant and I just love the whole idea. The food was incredible, so that certainly didn't hurt anything. We ended up at the bar Kathy's son works at and suffice it to say, it was a L.A.T.E. night :X

I almost forgot...sorry I have been sucking on commenting on all your blogs. I promise I'm reading religiously, but they have somehow blocked our ability to comment and I can't make new posts from work anymore either. All these blocked sites are getting old...What do they think I'm there for anyway? :P

The personal trainer is going well. He is killin' us! I have found out that I have ZERO strength in my abdomen. Seriously...situps are downright embarrassing and I jump rope like a mental patient. :X But 3 down...only 17 to go...Oh, Lord :-/ All I know is that if at the end of this I am able to do 30 regular situps in a row and 15 "man" push-ups in a row, he will be my best friend forever. LOL

This week is going to be quite the test. The first week of actually 3 sessions with Rich and Body Attack tomorrow night and Saturday morning. It will be fun to see if I am still concious once we hit Saturday afternoon :P Oh, and my cousin turns 21 on Friday, so that will not be a nice class on Saturday!

Hope everyone has a great week and I will try to get on the commenting!

9 comments:

Wes said...

Sounds like you are having fun and staying busy, which is way more cool than commenting :-)

Viv said...

Chicago sounded like a great weekend!!WTG with strengthing up those aba. I have negative 0 strength. Have fun this Fri, celebrate like you were turning 21 as well :-)

Marcy said...

You liked the Cheesecake Factory? Ours must be hood because John and I only went there once and vowed NEVER to go back LMAO!

Sounds like a most excellent weekend my dear ;D ;D

Jess said...

Don't worry, I also jump rope like a mental patient :)

Scott McMurtrey said...

Man push-ups are rad!

jahowie said...

I love Chicago. Sounds like you had a great time!! You had better comment on my blog soon or I am coming after you!! LOL

J~Mom said...

Instead of commenting just copy and paste, "you da man". LOL

Mendy said...

OMG Lisa... hehe

I, too, Lori have been not commenting lately. It's crazy busy for us and we've been sick. So, it's understandable.

I've GOT to go to the Cheesecake factory one day and check it out. Sounds like a nice time you had in Chicago.

miss petite america said...

"i jump rope like a mental patient"- omg funniest thing i've read today!