Wednesday, February 27, 2008

That Darn Biggest Loser

OMGOSH!  I really don't think this show should make me cry every week (which it does), but I am pretty darn confident that it shouldn't lead to weeping and sobbing :P  This week was such a moving elimination.  I truly don't think I have ever heard any human being talk about another in a way as touching as how Jay described his relationship with Mark on Tuesday night.  I think, for me, the part that was the best was when Jay said that his brother had always been his hero and he had looked up to him his whole life, but since going to the Biggest Loser Ranch, he has also become his best friend.  If those men hadn't even lost a pound, that connection put them as the Biggest Winners in my book.  The kids and I talked about it afterward and I tried to explain to Jack that if his siblings could say those types of things about him, then he was definitely a great brother.  

Now, onto Evil Rich...today's workout was brutal.  Here's a breakdown and I'm sure for most of you it would be a walk in the park, but he kicked my hiney all over the place:

20 jumping pull-ups
30 deadlifts
40 box jumps
50 sit-ups
60 thrusters
70 swinging dumbbell thingies :P
80 push-ups

The push-ups were definitely brutal, but the sit-ups are what I was the most proud of today.  Seriously, 2 weeks ago, I couldn't even do 15 in a row and I did all 50 full on sit-ups!  He had even told me before we started to just do as many as I could get through and then finish it up with crunches.  Obviously, I was not the only one worried about getting through them :P   The box jump was another one that was really scary to me before we started.  I have a huge fear of falling and I don't know what my issue is.  But rest assured, I got 'em done and didn't hit the ground once ;)

Rich is gone Friday, so our workout got rescheduled to tomorrow.  Hopefully, I will be able to get a run in on Friday, too, since I feel like I'm getting a long weekend!  LOL

8 comments:

David said...

I hope you are going to be able to MOVE tomorrow, let alone work out. You never got the spandex thong leotard to trick him, did you? *sigh*

I'm really glad that you are (apparently) so excited and energized by all this abuse, er, training you are receiving. Keep it up, because it will help every other part of your exercise plan!

Wes said...

Spontaneous acts of human emotion hit me in the soft spot too. My favorite/most hateful show is that damn Complete Makeover: Home Edition.

Damn, girl!! I can't even do 24 crunches yet, and I been working on this for months :-( Wait a minute. I can do'em, just not all at one time. Very impressive!!!

Viv said...

Great killer workout! I bet your body is sculpting right this second. Are you sure your trainers name isn't Jillian?! WTG!

Those two brothers have a special bond. Mark is always preotecting him and Jay looks up to him. Towards the end here I have noticed that also it developed to buds. As long as you don't cry like Kelly from the yellow team. She cries if her oatmeal is too dry :-P

Mendy said...

I missed the BL show. Crap... I know the show has a lot of drama (afterall, that's how they get us to watch) but seeing them totally transform their lifestyles to become healthier is the reason I like to watch it. I wish I'd had seen that between the brothers.

Girl!! You're kickin' tail in your workouts. I'm super impressed with all that you're doing and how you've improved since when you first started with the sit-ups, etc. Keep it up!!!

J~Mom said...

You are going to be in the best shape when Rich is done with you girl!! Just think of how well it's going to feel when you run your next half! The thing that I have seen over and over again is that the people with the strongest core, even without much running, are the strongest runners. Does that make sense? LOL I need some cofffee.

Gotta Run..... said...

Rich sounds like Jillian from the Biggest Loser. i am a total BL junkie. Every week I cry for someone! They are all working so hard and looking great.

Marcy said...

Just think of how set you'll be for bathing suit season, while I'll be hanging in the shade with my moo moo full piece body suit on LMAO!

My Life said...

Wow, that is a rough workout! 80 push-ups?? Please tell me they are girlie or else I'm going to go cry.... ;) you're awesome!