Monday, October 22, 2007

She's Gone

The dog is outta here! She was returned to my mom's friend Friday night. Mom fibbed a bit and told her that the original owner had to take her back if she was going back to the humane society, which worked out nicely. It was a nice weekend. I cleaned like my ass was on fire on Saturday to get all the hair and dog smell out of the house and then Sunday was packed full of family stuff. We have decided that when we do get a dog it is going to be so small that for it to actually get on the couch, it will have to be put there. The kids know everything that is going on, but it still hasn't stopped Payton from asking, EVERY DAY, "Are we getting a little doggie today?" :P

I'll run over lunch today and update later. Have a good Monday everyone. I would have preferred to stay in bed ;)

12 comments:

Wes said...

Wise decision Mom! I would have preferred to stay in bed too :-) Have a great day!!!!

Marcy said...

Sounds like a good choice :-) How about a poodle? You totally look like the poodle type :P Although I could TOTALLY see Miss P carting one around LOL

Amy said...

what a relief!

ws said...

I would have preferred to stay in bed today too since I'm not allowed to exert myself and I'm feeling slightly looney now...

hope you find a cute puppy...

Nikki said...

POODLE hahahaaaaaaaa! I hear those are nice quiet dogs...dont yap your ear off(guess that is why deaf seniors own them).

Have a good run over lunch :)

Any pics of your kidlets soon?

Marathoner in Training said...

Good Job,
Are you getting a dog today?

Jess said...

Good choice. If you get a dog again, be sure to consider it very carefully.

Mendy said...

If your heart wasn't into it, I think it was a wise decision as well.

Hope your run went well! :-)

Scott McMurtrey said...

it's kinda sad when a dog doesn't work out. the puppy we got before sadie absolutely hated shasta and tried to attack shasta relentlessly and we had to give it up after a few days. but it worked out for the best because we got sadie a few weeks later and the two of them are best of friends now.

jahowie said...

You did the right thing.

J~Mom said...

Very smart!!!!!! Did you find a place to stay in Phoenix yet? When are you coming and leaving?

My Life said...

"Cleaning like your ass was on fire..." I sooo need to learn how to do that! ;)

Little dogs who are kid-friendly and don't leave hair... we had a friend with a Shih Tzu. Sweetest little dog and he didn't shed (only haircuts!). Now, if I could only convince my husband...