Monday, July 23, 2007

The Small Things

It ended up being a nice weekend. Payton and I had a little girls' day on Saturday since Jack went to Wisconsin for the weekend with his dad. "We" got haircuts and did some major damage to the bank account. I can't believe how old she acts. Of course, she had to try her clothes on in the fitting room, too. We walked in so I could try on jeans and she had stripped down almost before I could get the door closed! LOL Then we hit the shoe store and it is evident that this girl is going to be just as dangerous around shoes as her mother ;) It must have been a long time since I have taken her shopping for shoes in a store that doesn't just stock every size on the floor because when I asked her which shoes she liked, she was very confused and kept holding them up to the bottom of her sandals asking whether or not they were her size! But we left the mall with two new pairs of kicks each and a couple bags full of clothes. I don't remember the last time I bought clothes for myself that weren't more suitable for the gym or the track than public!

Sunday night we had my mom and brother over and cooked on the grill. Then everyone joined in some backyard baseball with the neighborhood kids. It was good times had by all.

I worked through my lunch today, but have felt really distracted and distant all day. I don't know if it is just work in general, but it seems like I don't find a lot of motivation to be very productive. I mean, sure, I have gotten everything done that I have been asked to do, but I sure haven't been going over and above what is asked. I just don't feel like doing the small, routine things that really need to be done. Maybe tomorrow.

Tonight will be a run and hopefully it can't be any worse than Friday's! I have already decided no hills and no stroller. I'd rather hit the track and the kids can play off to the side to avoid a repeat of that stellar performance :P

6 comments:

Nikki said...

well at least your shopping buddy is ADORABLE :)

That must have been fun shopping together....have fun in about 13 years hahahaaa

Neighborhood b ball sounded great as did the bbq.

Enjoy the track! ANy ideas what you will do for winter? (not to send you into panik...i just want ideas)

Heres to a great run tonight.

Nikki said...

oh and I rarely buy anything that isn't active wear either ...but my sister did buy me some great tops for my bday ;)

Marcy said...

Sounds like a FABULOUS day my dear!!! I wish Keira was into that stuff :-/ She's always look to take her clothes off instead of trying them on :-X (please don't let this be a glimpse of her future :P)

That's a good idea with the track!! HAve a good time tonight!!

Scott McMurtrey said...

thanks for stopping by. what?! you don't like to run hills WITH a stroller?? c'mon, what are hills without a stroller?... :)

and don't get me started about shoes...

i like that rumi poem a couple posts ago. he's one of my all-time favorites.

Mom tried decaf once said...

That shopping trip sounds just fabulous!!! I hope we get to see pics of some of the new digs and kicks! I hear ya on only buying activewear!

jahowie said...

It sounds like a great time!! Have a great run.