Thursday, July 19, 2007

Envy

Today was a tough day. Some are just like that. No reason, really. It started out good. I woke up feeling completely refreshed from the night...something that has definitely not been a given lately. Then in the shower I used the end of the conditioner and on my way in to work my low fuel light came on. Neither one a problem at all, but it threatened my gym time for the day. You see, I couldn't run after work to pick up the conditioner because my son is going to his dad's a day early this weekend and my daughter is spending the night at my mom's. So, I made the executive decision that the gym would have to wait until tomorrow...but that was still okay.

Then I got a link to a blog. The blog of someone who recently suffered her own major loss. Eerily, her loss occurred 1 day before I took Kruex to the hospital. She has blogged through her journey of the last nearly four months. Her loss is different than my loss, but her words are my words. The emotions she has had, the things she has been through brought everyone of those feelings right back up to the surface. The thing is, even with all those feelings, what affects me most is *her* grief. I have come to terms with my own. I accept the fact that it will always be there and it is just my cross to bear, but it really just kills me when others have to suffer. I mean, really, isn't it enough that I have it? Do others have to go through this same misery, too?

But, honestly, I am not that selfless. In the same breath I was desperately jealous of her. She got to have years and years of memories. She got to have books and songs and personal possessions that would always be hers to remember him by. I have often wondered if something happened to one of the older kids (I know it is morbid, but it is just what it is) and thought that at least I would have stories they wrote or songs that they loved to sing and dance to. I think of all the pictures I have of the other two and how limited I feel with what I have that was Kruex's. And then I think how all those memories may just shatter me completely. To have all of that and lose it, how could I go on? But I guess what I have learned over the last almost four months is that you do just go on. The other kids need me to be *me* and not a shell of what I was when Kruex was here. Kruex's life was too precious to waste and I am not about to be that careless with the lessons that I am meant to learn through his life and his death.

So, thank you for the link ;) It was much needed and very much appreciated. Oh, and so far no exercising to blog about, but I am still hopeful that I will get a run in tonight after the kids are deposited where they need to be.

6 comments:

Marcy said...

(((HUGS))) Lori!! I'm at a loss for words but I DO want you to know that I read this ;D

Mom tried decaf once said...

I had no idea the dates were so close...it does make sense though. I hope it helps to read it in the long run. I hope today is going better.

Tea said...

I found your blog after you posted to Jul's blog.

I hope you continue to blog and that it will help you through an incredibly difficult time. With everything you've been through and not wanting to have someone else go through that pain just shows what an incredible woman you are.

Michelle said...

((MORE HUGS)) Lori!

Every time I think about what happened, I get teary over it. And then I always think "what if that happened to one of my kids?" I don't know if I could handle it at all. I'm not sure I'm as strong a woman as you are.

We're all here for you, good times and bad. Just want you to know that. :-)

Nikki said...

tea is bang on...and some of us know it, but your an incredible woman. I am reading and thinking of you all *kiss*

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Just came across your blog, and I'm saddened by your loss. Blogging friends do care, and we offer you support, even if just by reading your posts. Take care of yourself.

Tom