Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Fresh Mind = Fresh Body?

I was an exercise slacker this weekend. I could have met a friend at the gym on Sunday, but she was working out at the same time church was and after last week, church just seemed to be a little more important this week. And it helped. A lot. It is just such a comfortable place, which is so strange to me, being raised in the Catholic church. I would have NEVER used the word *comfortable* to describe church growing up. But I think for my mental health, this was the right choice of a facility to visit Sunday.

So, Monday started with a fresh perspective and a fresh start to the fitness plan. I ran last night and finally felt good when I finished! It was such a relief after the last three runs and how bad they have been treating me...lol. Nothing spectacular, just 2 1/2 miles, but they felt good and actually gave me a little glimmer of hope that maybe I am not a nut for thinking I should even be out there running :P

Today is upper body at the gym - way more my idea of fun ;) and I am still trying to figure out how I can fit in Body Pump at the gym that I have heard such awesome reviews about!

8 comments:

Nikki said...

ok I give, what is body pump?

I really wish I could get to the gym...:-/ I actually miss pumpin iron, from what I remember of it :p

I'm glad you got in a great run and a great service!

Wes said...

I was raised a Catholic too. I think it was the "you have to" that left such a bad taste in my mouth. Church is a wonderful place to find peace, but so is the top of a bike on a lonely road, cruising downhill at 35 mph, shrieking like a little kid {slap} OK. I'm back :-)

Robin over at Gotta Run is all psyched up about that Body Pump stuff. I keep telling myself I need upper body work, but I've been too lazy to get started. Soon!

It's really special when someone like you takes the time out to come by and say "hi!" Rock on, sister!!

jahowie said...

Curious about the body pump here too.

Nice job getting back into your workouts this week.

Keep that chin up. :-)

Gotta Run..... said...

I always love the beginning of a new week. It gives me the fresh start i need to make good on some bad choices with food from the weekend.

Alright, just try one body pump class. I really think you will like it.

Scott McMurtrey said...

glad to see you got in a good run. body pump sounds dangerous. very dangerous. i'm scared.

Jason The Running Man said...

Great job on the run and yes FAITH is such an important part of training at least for me it is. BodyPump...yeah I see them doing the classes at the gym and it does look fun and yes I did look like an idiot last night.:)

Marcy said...

I'm with Scott!!! Body Pump sounds DANGEROUS!! And the whole clue to that is Robin is doing it LOL She loves that crazy stuff!

Awesome job getting that run in chica!! ;D And I'm glad it was a good one. Lord knows I need a good one soon LOL

Mendy said...

Body Pump sounds like a blast! Wish I didn't need the pool so much, I'd go over to workout with Robin!!

Great that you're finding peace at Church. I love our Church and am glad that Grace looks forward to going already, she's only 2.5, and almost everytime we get in the car it's "Going to Church", or her friends house. I think it's very important in our lives and it helps me be able to light a candle at Church and Pray for whatever it is I need prayer for. I always feel good leaving.

You are doing great on your runs, and I totally understand and feel the same pain about having bad runs.