Thursday, January 3, 2008

No More Excuses

As of today, I am officially BACK! Back to running. Back to blogging. Back to life in general. The holidays were hard, no getting around it. But they were good, too. The kids got more than they deserved :P And so did I.

Today's run hurt. Bad. I am in rough cardio shape, which is really no surprise, but my legs feel really good. Also no surprise since they should be pretty fresh by this time :P But, I am going to tough it out and run this half. I have no delusions that it is going to be pretty, or feel good, but I really think I can tough it out. I do want to add that Lisa, Marcy and Mendy....PLEASE do not feel like you have to run with me. I did this to myself and I don't want to ruin your race. I would feel like complete crap if I did :(

But I am just so glad to be back exercising. I feel like I am back among the living and at least I can remember why I started this in the first place. I already have a gym-date tomorrow with my friend Jennifer (she joined the gym last week!) to do some core and upper body, so no fluke, I'm back to stay :)

12 comments:

Wes said...

Tee, hee! Welcome back :-)

David said...

Yay, Lori's back! Great to see you, girl. And Mendy and I are really looking forward to seeing you in person in a week. Bring on the delicious adult beverages!

Oh, and that run thing...

Nancy said...

Welcome back. Don't go too crazy before next week.

Loved the fresh legs comment. :D

J~Mom said...

woot woot!!!!!!!! She is back!!! We are going to have a fantastical time!:>)

Unknown said...

YAy! She's back!

Marcy said...

I'm so happy your back!!! ;D ;D Stop being a dork :P I haven't run this week (I don't think, I don't know I can't remember) anyway, you guys are killing me but I gotta say it for the 34792748264283476 time :P It's FOR FUN!!! WE'RE in it to win it :P (I mean win at the most shots per mile game LOL) 1 hr or 4hrs it makes no difference to me how long it takes as long as we get to the finish together :-)

Brian said...

Good to have you back!

I too took a few weeks off to recharge and boy did it work.

You have a real nice blog, I enjoy reading your posts.

-Brian

Marathoner in Training said...

Welcome back, looking forward to seeing you next week. Keep it up.

Gotta Run..... said...

Being back at it is a good thing. It will only feel this hard for a short time. Don't give up!!

You just go enjoy your half next week and have fun meeting and being with everyone.

Unknown said...

Hip Hip Hip Hooooorrrayyyyy!!! You are back. Welcome back !!! I know its hard especially with the holiday madness.
Believe me, your exercise regiment will improve over time. You will do well. Keep blogging!

Laurel said...

I am so late, but I am glad to see you're back. I am glad you got through the holidays and I am sure you got too much because you DID deserve it :)

Mendy said...

(((( big smiles )))))

Sorry so late in reading blogs. I'm a slacker these days.

I'm so happy you're back. I've missed you in blogworld.