Wednesday, January 16, 2008

No Run for You!

Think Soup Nazi from Seinfeld ;)

I really wanted to run over lunch today and Kathy wanted to do upper body, so we decided we would hit the track and see how it felt. Not good :( My legs feel great, but my right foot/arch not so much. So half a mile around the track to get our hearts pumping and then onto weights. I'm not terribly disappointed since I know that I need that, too, and I feel pretty good after all is said and done. Hopefully, I can deal with the elliptical tomorrow if I still can't straight out run. At least it will count for the cardio that I need to keep focusing on.

I am still all tingly-feeling from such an awesome weekend and from having such a great time at the race. I am seriously digging to find any races that are near - and even a few that aren't so near ;) - to keep running and training for. Before this one, I really didn't think that I wanted to have races to train for. I just figured I would run for fitness and maybe follow a plan if I felt the need, but not really with anything in sight. Now, I want to do more! LOL I suppose this is how all you crazy nuts got addicted in the first place ;) So, the plan for now is to get a couple more halfs in this year and maybe some 10k or 10 milers, too, and then decide if I feel like I could keep myself from getting too bored during a full. At some point in my life, I would like to run a full just to know that I could and did, but I'm still not sure if that is a distance that would really make me happy :P Maybe if Lisa runs it with me and I can focus all my energy on her instead of myself it would be easier ;)

17 comments:

Wes said...

I suppose this is how all you crazy nuts got addicted

Welcome to our tree :-)

Don't forget that 09 is the year of the Ultra, and Lisa is the Captain :-P

David said...

Watch that foot/heel! That can very rapidly develop into a season-limiting condition. Bob had a great suggestion with the tennis ball. That, or find one of those foot roller thingies to roll your foot on any time you are sitting.

Ya gots to stay healthy, cuz Va Beach ain't that far away! ;-) It's going to be the Marcy~Jmom grudge match at the finish! LOL

Take care, girl.

Viv said...

Hope that foot recovers well for you. Way to get some ST in. I think I would be balled up in a corner somewheres.

Marcy said...

Ohhh shoot Wes, you're right! Lisa is going to be crazy busy with the year of the ultra AND IMAZ LOL

WHooo Hoooooo!! I'm super stoked that you're lovin it! Just think of all the races the Javafest homies could do together LOL Maybe next go around David can get all 80's on us.

Marcy said...

And I'm soooo bitch punching Lisa in the face next time at Mile 8 :P LMAO JK!

My Life said...

Yay for more races!!

I love your new pic - just makes me smile lookin' at all of you!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Lori, Please keep rolling that arch with a tennis ball OR just a hard rubber ball...u can also just stand on it and push down in the TENDER area and that will BREAK up the inflammation and start to heal up faster...

I have been diligent with this for the past few days and its getting much better!! SO Roll that arch Baby! Roll It Now!

Best Wishes!

Marathoner in Training said...

You are adicted to it now. You got the bug. Keep getting better and before you know it you will be buying your tickets to Javafest 2009

Jess said...

Sorry to hear about the foot pain. Do you need new shoes?

Gotta Run..... said...

Yes... another one turns HM driven. A full marathon is in your future... I can just see it now :)

Enjoy your race high. You guys all had a blast and that is what it is all about.

P.O.M. said...

It's great to see how excited you are! I hope your foot feels better soon.

J~Mom said...

Yup, yup! That is exactly how we got addicted! I hope the arch is doing ok!

Mendy said...

I hope you foot is healing up, Lori! I'm so glad you're hooked now. I'm feeling the same way, except my race was WAY different. But, I love that distance. If you want to meet up for any other Half's, let me know, k. You know I'd run with you anytime!

I love seeing your energy! I can't imagine how well you'll do with some training. :-)

I'm still on a high from the weekend!

Nancy said...

AHH that pic is so Great!!

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday Payton! Enjoy your puppy!

Vickie said...

Yes, that's exactly how all us nuts get addicted! LOL! Besides, nothing keeps you motivated more than signing up for something. And look at the great time you have and the friends you meet along that journey! Nothing better!

Vickie said...

Oh, and the foot thing. Probably from overuse, but take it easy, use the tennis ball AND ice. Actually, if you freeze a soda bottle and use that its great for massaging too.