Monday, November 12, 2007

Time to Start Knocking on Wood

Remember just Friday when I said that there was nothing much in the plans for the weekend? When, oh when am I going to learn my lesson and stop saying things like that? This weekend was so packed full that I barely remember what happened last week :P I had that little thing to go to with my friend Friday night and then was informed at nearly midnight that my brother had decided he would much rather have me drive him to get his lasik surgery than my mother. What does that mean? Well, that means that Miss Payton and I took a trip to Chicago at 7 a.m. Saturday morning and were gone until about 4:30 p.m. or so. We didn't have any concrete plans for Saturday, so it really didn't cause any problems, just was not something I had even halfway considered having to do. But, she and I did get to take our first shopping trip in the Windy City together and we hit up American Girl Place. Let me tell you, that place is INSANE! I swear most of those women were on crack, or maybe they just funnel it through the vents, but I have never seen so many grown women clutching dolls in my life! It was a pretty cool store though. Payton's bitty baby is the proud owner of a new outfit and a snowsuit! ROFLMAO Payton was also able to pick which doll she wants to ask Santa for and also checked out all of the outfits. By the way, her favorite - the karate outfit :P I have no idea.

Sunday was another busy day and basically what I am trying to say is that I sucked and was unable to get a run in all weekend :(

Tonight, however, it's a date :)

9 comments:

Wes said...

Bah. Your running has been going great! A trip to the Windy City sounds, well, windy :-) and cold :-) :-)

But really! Shame on you for teaching said daughter to ruthlessly shop for stuff at such a young age ;-)

Looking forward tomorrow to reading about how great your run was! Woo hoo!!!

ws said...

practice the self-fulfilling prophesizing, but just be careful 'cause sometimes you get what you foretell...

hope you enjoyed your run.

Mendy said...

Date!! Woo hoo...

I love the American Doll place. I went to the one in NYC, and brought home Grace the twins (boy and girl), that are for the 3 yr olds. It's really amazing place! Very cool.

David said...

If I had to go in there, I would swallow my own tongue to end it all. Unless, of course, they had Jaegermeister on tap.

Go knock out that run and shed the weekend off of your shoulders!

Marcy said...

OMG I am DYING of laughter!!! The karate outfit?!?! Ooohhhhh Lori you are in SOOOOO much trouble!!

Amy said...

Do they really pipe crack through the vents? If so, I would like to go there sometime.

J~Mom said...

I almost spit out my coffee at the comments here!!

Ahh...as you know Ms. Hannah has been an AG fan for years. I can show you her collection when you are here. Wink wink.

Laurel said...

Haha, I just got my American Girl catalog in the mail today ( I get them ever since I bought my niece a doll).

Anonymous said...

Okay question- my daughter has a bitty twin- will the karate outfit made for the 18 inch dolls fit the bitty? I'm okay with rolling the sleeves (My maddie has to roll both the arms and legs of her own TKD outfit)

willow2178@aol.com

Thanks!