Friday, November 9, 2007

Finally Friday!

Hurray for Friday! This week has been an emotional overload to say the least. I could not be happier to see it end. So far I have gotten all my scheduled runs in. Tuesday's 3.5 felt pretty good, but yesterday's 4 miler was rough.

I got to skip out of work early yesterday to meet with Jack's teacher for parent/teacher conferences. She had nothing but great things to say about him, which was so nice, and she seems to really enjoy having him in class. He LOVES this teacher. I actually think he has a crush on her. She is really into sports and her husband plays hockey, which makes her almost as cool as his mom ;)

After the conference I decided to run and just take off on a new route. I ran out of town and my left shin was just screaming. By the time I was back home, I had ice on my shin, ankle and knee. It was not pretty, but at least done :P I even got in a quick nap before my mom brought the kids back home and we had dinner and woke up feeling completely rejuvinated and refreshed. Just what the doctor ordered :)

Not much in the plans so far this weekend. I have a visitation to go to tonight after work and then some VIP party to go to with a friend who is in the running to win some kind of trip (not really sure what it is all about, but should be fun). Hopefully the wind will cooperate tomorrow and Payton and I can rake/burn leaves and do some cleaning. Have a great Friday everyone!

12 comments:

Wes said...

Have a great weekend! Glad to hear the running went so well, cool mom :-)

Marcy said...

Jack's teacher can def NOT be cooler than Mom ;-)

I hear you on hte raking leaves thing. I still have a mess in our yard. The dang kids jump into them and throw them all over before I can get them in the lawn bags *sigh*

J~Mom said...

Glad the running is going well!! It's hard to believe we are only two months out from the half!

Don't even worry, we got the tickets at face value. :>)

Marathoner in Training said...

Glad to hear the running is good, with some minor aches and pains. Just increase GRADUALLY. Parent Teacher conferences are always fun, not...

ws said...

I'm all about "finally Friday" today also.

Great job on the runs - shin pain is THE worst.

Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend. Burning leaves sounds fun...

Gotta Run..... said...

Love the quick naps. Wish they could happen more often!!!

YOGA time girl. Me and you... this week!!!

Unknown said...

It's great that your son likes his teacher. It sure makes it easier to get him excited about school.

Great job getting the running in, but take care of that leg.

Pokey said...

Great job running...but take care of yourself and those shins!

Cant wait to meet you at the RNR! :)

Laurel said...

Aw, that's so great about Jack's teacher.

Great job running! Hope your shins feel better soon!

Mendy said...

Awesome job on getting your runs in. That's a great accomplishment!

Have a lovely weekend!!

David said...

I'm in desperate need of switching my runs up, too. It's high time I'm more organic with it, and go "smell the flowers."

And Marcy is right: no way teach is as cool as mom!

Jess said...

I am SO glad I don't have to rake leaves. I always hated that atsk.