Monday, September 17, 2007

Some Things Are Just Better Left to the Imagination

Like the big dude in the speedo at the pool.

I ran over my lunch hour at the gym. I decided to run inside on the track instead of venturing outside, even though the weather has been much kinder lately (although today was a bit warmer than the last 5 or so days have been), but nonetheless, I didn't want to deal with my ipod and trying to guess how far I was going/had gone. I just knew I wanted to do 3 miles and that was it. I am planning another 2 or so later tonight with my friend that finally got clearance from her doc to start running again, so I didn't want to push it this afternoon. So, after I finish my run, I walked back to the other end of the building to stretch my legs out and happen to glance into the lap pool on my way by (it is down below). That's when I saw him.

I have to say that I try my best not to judge at the gym. I am all about supporting the seriously overweight while I am running around the track. They are out there trying. Same goes for the pool, but I just don't see any sane reason why a 300+ pound man would opt to wear a speedo for his swim workout????? I know that I would not choose to wear a string bikini to an indoor pool (or outdoor for that matter, but that's another story) to swim laps and just cannot seem to wrap my mind around that fashion choice. But, I guess, at least he was out there doing it and to each his own. Right?

On to more exciting news. My daughter got a new imaginary little sister this weekend. Her name is Susan, but, as Payton says, you can call her Susie. She is 2-years-old and kind of the little mischief-maker :P I had to *pretend* wash her hair and then put it in a *pretend* ponytail. Then we went to a friend's for a cookout and the little turkey jumped in the pool and Payton made my friend's 12-year-old son *pretend* jump in after her! The girl obviously has too much time on her hands - either that or she needs more friends :P

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe you can learn from your daughter and imagine the guy in the Speedo is actually wearing a three-piece suit in the pool...that way your eyes won't burn out of their sockets.

ws said...

I don't get Speedos period, but in that case I definitely don't understand. Good thing imaginary Susie didn't jump into the lap pool with big guy requiring you to rescue her.

Marcy said...

OMG OMG OMG!! To add to that I hope he was not excited in anyway. I would probably D-I-E! LMAO! The only time a Speedo looks good is if the man is fit and if he's actually using it for some type of sports purpose (not for just lounging, KWIM?) Other than that . . . I don't find it too attractive.

David said...

Man, I wish I had an imagination that vivid still. Remember how much more fun and fulfilling life was back then? Don't like what's around you? Imagine something different and, BOOM, you're there.

Wes said...

I wouldn't even wear a speedo now... Forty plus pounds lighter... Geeeerossss :-)

jahowie said...

marcy, he would have to be "huge" for anyone to even notice!! LOL I'm sure that he had quite the crotch gut going on there. Gross!!

Gotta Run..... said...

Don't even get me started about speedo's. Only 1% can get away with wearing them.

How exciting that your friend is returning back to running. you two will have a nice time together for sure!!

Scott McMurtrey said...

i only wear my speedo when i know for sure there are other people around to see me.

ps. i don't work at that office anymore. something about dress code and speedos not a part of it...

Larissa said...

Try swimming next to Speedo dude. Not. Pretty.

I had an imaginary friend when I was little - actually, I had a whole possee. I like how she got the 12 year old to *pretend* jump in. You've got a little genius on your hands.

J~Mom said...

That visual ranks right up there with the guy I saw last week...ewww!!!!

Mendy said...

How cool she has a pretend friend. I love their imaginations at this age. Grace is now doing the pretend thing, she gets on her cell phone (my old one) and pretends to talk to everyone and she just chats away. It's so adorable!