Friday, January 25, 2008

Too Cold To Type

This week has been ridiculously cold...Actually, now that I think about it, ever since I got back from Arizona it has been horribly cold, but yesterday? The temperature display in my car actually read "-9". I think that is just cruel and unusual. I honestly don't know why they make them go below zero. I would rather just sit in my imaginary little world and pretend it is *just* zero instead of -9 :P And that's not counting windchill. We hit a lovely -25 with windchill yesterday.

But things are looking good on the horizon. They are calling for 45 by Monday and it is still somewhat light out when I leave work these days, so that gives me some hope. I realize that I live in the wrong state. I am nowhere close to a fan of winter. It makes me sad to see the days get shorter and the cold and snow and ice and sleet? Hate them all. So, the countdown's on to Spring!

Payton's birthday party was great. We had stuffed green pepper soup and baked potato soup. It only seemed appropriate since everyone that walked in was practically a popsicle :P She got great gifts, the puppy is by far her fave, but she also got an art easel that she is very pumped about and is constantly sitting at. She even came up with a name for the dog all on her own! Tootsie Jo (Payton's middle name is Jo, too). She is the sweetest little puppy and such a good girl. The only struggle is potty training, but I didn't expect it to be easy. I do have to say that it is much easier to try to train a pup with two kids that constantly take her to the paper to do her bidness. The kids are great with her and I'm not sure at this point that I could have picked a better dog :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I am hoping to get an outside run in since it is supposed to de-ice a bit over the weekend ;)

16 comments:

Marathoner in Training said...

I know what you mean by COLD, it is going to only get up to the low 60's today. Great name for the dog.

My Life said...

Pics of the puppy!!!

Ohhhh bless you with that -9. Go find a sauna asap!

Viv said...

Wow that is uber cold. I have been freezing in the 40's. The soup sounded like a great meal to go along with that coldness.
The doggie name is too cute with her middle name :-)

Wes said...

Enjoy that heat wave after those frigid temperatures... brrrrr. Now you've gone and made me want to make potato soup this weekend. Yea, baby!! :-)

David said...

No kidding, where are the pics? Pfft!

I don't know if you knew this, but there is no law that makes you stay in a fozen wasteland. Yeah, apparently people can migrate away from areas that don't support life. It's true.

Glad the b-day was fun, and I hope it thaws out quickly. You're in Chicago, right? Cold there...
;-)

J~Mom said...

What David was saying was you should move to Arizona. :>P

Yeah, what Eric said..it's going to be 60 today.

Hey, I want to see a pic of that cute puppy.

Stay warm chicka!

Marcy said...

You know you HAVE to show a pic of the puppy!!

I hear you on the Arctic tundra. I hate the north :-( Let's get a place next to Lisa and we call all be Desperate Housewives AZ style (David and Mendy too! I have a feeling David would be a fantastic housewife :P)

Mendy said...

Hey, hey, I wanna see pics too! Can I? Can I?

Seriously, you don't have to be in that kind of cold. We don't see anything remotely close to that temp here. It gets cold but not THAT cold. brrrr.... Come down south chica! You know you're always welcomed here. :-)

Or we can all go to AZ, so David can be that housewife. yippeee....

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Yes want Puppy Pics!!!

Lori, I can't believe how GOOD my arch feels now...It was SOOO from the pain behind my knee and top part of calf...

Look back at the chart on my blog and just work it out with ur fingers, keep calf in a relaxed state and just dig with ur fingers and on tender area just press and hold to start breaking up the knot...for the back on knee extend leg forward and point toes forward and message the back......do this for few days, couple times a day.

Oh and get that BOOK also, SO worth it

Have a good weekend! Hope this helps!

Pokey said...

Can you FedEx some potato soup? That sounds delish!!!!

We definitely need puppy pics - that is awesome that Payton had a great birthday!!!!

Jumper 2.0 said...

Lori,

Off subject but I see that you want to run the Va Beach RnR 1/2 Marathon. That is where I mostly grew up as a kid and I so want to run that race too.

I am NOT into country music (nothing against it) but I plan on that one too!

Gotta Run..... said...

With temps like like you better be loving some treadmill.

Man that is cold. Sounds like you have the perfect food at the birthday party.

Jess said...

I guess I can't complain that it's 55 here today, huh? Feels cold to me.

P.O.M. said...

Tootsie Jo!!! How adorable. Agreeing with the rest - we want pics :)

jahowie said...

It has been very cold here too. And now it's in the 40's, tomorrow there will be a high in the 20's with a very cold windchill, and the rest of the week is a mess. Freezing rain on Friday!! I hate winter. I'm glad that you were able to escape all of this in AZ. I'm still jealous. ;-)

Laurel said...

YEAH! PUPPY PICS!!! YAY!

Ugh, that stinks about the weather. Almost makes me appreciate what we go through down here in the summer for our mild winters.

It was freezing down here yesterday. It was in the 60's sduring the day! Can you believe it ;)

Now I'm just being mean.

Anyway, glad to hear the party went so well and that the puppers is a hit.