Wednesday, January 9, 2008

It's Official

I'll be walking 13 miles on Sunday :P

Alright, alright, trying to be positive here...once I get with Lisa, Marcy and Mendy maybe the miles will pass a little easier. Maybe I won't think about how crappy my breathing is, or the fact that my legs are sore. But no matter what happens with the race, I am going for fun. I am going to meet people that I have been waiting over 4 years to meet and I could not be more excited. Or maybe I am about due for a decent run? A girl can dream, right?

So, the plan from now until I leave on Friday is going to be tying up loose ends. I have a bunch of work I need to get off my desk. Mostly busy work and filing, but I will feel much better without it stacked all around me. And I need to get all the laundry done, pack for both kids and try to figure out what in the world I want to take with me. Strangely, I am not in the least concerned about packing for the actual race nearly as much as just what am I going to wear in general! If anyone has any tips or ideas, please let me know. How is the weather down there? And try to remember I am coming from 30-40 degree HIGH temperatures, so if you think 65 is chilly and calls for a sweater (Lisa :P), it probably won't to me ;)

17 comments:

Wes said...

Do a Run 1/Walk 1 the whole way like Dee Dee and I are doing Disney :-) When you get tired, just walk! You'll have a blast!!

Marcy said...

Whooooo Hoooooo times is ticking down!

I packed short sleeves and 1 sweatery thing. I'm also going to bring a light coat just in case. But you know what? You should not ask me because I'll probably bring half my closet :-X :-X A girl can never have too many options, right? :P

Marcy said...

And I agree with Wes! Run/walk baby!!

J~Mom said...

Lori, I am sure you can walk and keep up with me! :>)

I would bring a parka, it was 50 last night.

Tom said...

You have a positive attude just enjoy and meet people, that's the fun of a run.

My Life said...

You're almost here!!!

And you'll definitely need some gloves and a muffler to go with that parka Lisa suggested. :) No really, it does get pretty cold at night around here...

ws said...

Good luck Lori...and, once you hit the race course you'll feel great and have a great time. And plenty of other racers will be walking too.

Mendy said...

I can't believe I have to pack tonight!! It's here. I have so much to do today, and I'm in a workshop ALL day at work so I can't make my lists, etc.

BTW, if we walk - no biggie. Like I told you, I am way under trained.

See you tomorrow!!!!

jahowie said...

Run, walk whatever it takes. Just have fun!! You deserve it!!!

Marathoner in Training said...

We are looking forward to seeing you also. I am dragging Chad with Lori and I on Saturday for lunch. You will be fine with a light coat, jeans, shorts, t-shirt, and a swimsuit.

Jess said...

I'm sure you'll have fun with that group! Good luck!

David said...

Holy cow, you girls are going to have a blast! I'm so tempted to run it with you all, but I don't want Marcy to have too many "hydration" bottles on her Fuel Belt! LOL

Beyond the "race", it's going to be a super fun weekend. I think Pokey and Lisa are the only ones really prepared for this thing, anyway. The rest of us will just have to load up on cool stuff at the expo, so we at lest look like hard-core runners.

See you there!

Jess said...

Hey Lori,
I didn't get your bib #. If you want your time and progress to be updated on the RnR blog, let me know at my blog and provide me with your bib.

Best of luck on Sunday!

P.O.M. said...

I'm jealous you guys all get to meet. I can't wait to hear about it.

You'll do just fine - have fun - that's all that matters. OH and TAKE PICTURES!@!

Pat said...

Hi, it was nice to meet you over the weekend, even if it was to just say hi.

Hope you had a fun day on Sunday. Love to read a race report, if you get the chance.

Pat

P.O.M. said...

How was it???? Anxiously waiting for the full report!

P.O.M. said...

How was it???? Anxiously waiting for the full report!