Friday, January 4, 2008

She's Not Going to Like Me in the Morning

My poor, poor, poor dear friend (J) did upper body with me today at the gym. While it has been many weeks since I had run last (prior to yesterday - don't forget...back with a vengeance people), I would bet that it has been more like 3 months since I have done any weight training :X. Not.Good.At.All. And it's going to hurt. My friend though? If I were the betting type, I would put money on the fact that my girl has not lifted an actual weight in years. She has been a good little runner girl, but the weight-training part of it has just not appealed to her....Until now.

She made the best decision ever and decided to join the same gym I go to. Now, not only does my coworker (K) go (and she's back at it, too), but I now have another workout partner! Today, K had an appointment so I made a date to do upper body and core work with J. We did a bunch of different stuff and she stuck with pretty low weights, but as soon as I got back to the office, she sent an email that she was already not liking me anymore! And then about an hour later that it hurt to eat her lunch :X

It's a really good thing that my daughter constantly refers to her as "The Best Mom Ever!" or I am not sure if she would talk to me again after she tries to wash her hair tomorrow.......

10 comments:

Wes said...

Who is this crazy blogger blogging two days in a ROW :-)

Marcy said...

Dang I wish you lived closer. We could all do strength training together since I've been lagging b.i.g t.i.m.e

My Life said...

I'm glad you're back too! No worries about next weekend - we're going to rock those 13.1 miles!

Can't wait to meet you1 ;)

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

lolol ahhhh the good ole next day after weight training---OUCH & I have been there too many friggin times throughout my life...it does suck-lol

Way to tough out ur race coming up, I am doing the samething big time next week at Walt Disney...I am soo over partied & under trained it's going to be an ugly race but I will smile for Mini Mouse :-)

Welcome back to blogland!

ws said...

that first shower after an upper body workout is the worst. Hope you are having a great weekend...

J~Mom said...

Ouchie! That sounds like a good painful!!

jahowie said...

Glad you're back!! That sounds like a great workout. No pain, No gain right? :-)

Vickie said...

Its always a great way to keep motivated and to motivate each other when you have workout buddies. You won't want to slack off because they aren't and they won't because you aren't. Wish I were able to go to Phoenix this weekend, but its no go right now. Good luck in your race!

Jess said...

Glad to see you're back!

Laurel said...

Hahaha...it hurt to eat her lunch? What did you do to her?