Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Randomness

Not much of great importance going on these days, but there are a few things I wanted to share.

  • I will post pics of the new pup as soon as I can, which will be shortly after I get my tax return back and I buy my new laptop. 'Cuz right now? My computer is a big piece o' garbage, but it was free and I can't complain too much. I also can't transfer any of the pics off my cameras to it, which is why we have to wait.
  • Speaking of Tootsie, I fear that she may have been a cat in a previous life. Maybe that's how it works? They evolve from cats to tiny little sissy dogs and continue to be a larger dog with each subsequent life? Who knows, but the little dope actually climbed the baby gate last night and got out of the bathroom. She then proceeded to get onto the couch, walk along the top and get onto my side tables. Seriously? She shakes like a leaf when I try to get her to walk onto the deck or climb a step, but she can scale a baby gate?
  • I made tiramasu for my friend, Kathy's, birthday at work today. The recipe is here and it turned out really well. Actually, I completely suggest trying any of her recipes because I have made quite a few and have yet to find one that isn't just awesome! Plus, with all the pics and, she makes it pretty darn easy to follow along, not to mention she cracks my shit up.

So that's about the extent of my excitement. It has been a bit warmer for the last two days, but there is a dirty rumor that it is supposed to go from the high-40s (which it was this morning) to a windchill of -18 by tomorrow morning. That's just crazy!

14 comments:

Wes said...

Maybe you should have called the puppy Jekyll :-) Suweet! I want to make Tiramasu stuff :-)

Marcy said...

How about you make it for me? Girl you know I can't cook! LOL I'll look at the recipe anyway, but if it requires more than 3 steps I'm doomed :P

Laurel said...

Thats hilarious about the dog. Not so much about the weather though.

Jess said...

Mmmm, I love tiramisu!

Dogs are funny and often contradictory. Can't wait to see some pics of her!

Viv said...

That tiramisu looks incredible! Anything that requires putting double broiler in action might be too much for me :-)

I like that evolvement theory. LOL!
Sorry about the computer and that supah cold weather coming. Keep warm.

Viv said...

Oh thanks for the link. I found some jalepeno, bacon, cream chesse thingys. They look great for Super Bowl.
So sad, I am salivating now..

P.O.M. said...

I like little sissy dogs the best :)

Going to check out the recipes now.

David said...

Seriously, dinosaurs -> gone. Forever. Cold did it.

That pup sounds like a fun one! Hopefully she can "hold her water" when she's prancing around on the sofa and tables.

Marathoner in Training said...

You have mastered the evolution of Dogs from cats. I think you should be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize, or something that has a monitary prize:)

J~Mom said...

I made Tiramisu once and never again LOL. I will check out the recipe. That will be sweet if you get a new laptop! I want one someday...someday...LOL

Pokey said...

BRRRRRRR....can you order up some warmer weather for next week - we are going to be in Rockford area the weekend of the 8th! I am going to FREEEEEEEEEZE!

And we need some pup pictures SOON! :)

Vickie said...

By now you probably know that weather is here to stay!

ws said...

can I claim I was waiting for pics and that is why it has taking me so long to comment? hope everything is going well with your little baby-gate climbing stunt dog!

Mendy said...

Sounds like the pup is already finding her comfort in your home.

That can't be good to go from that type of weather to freezing like that. Ouch.. I'd be sick all the time.

I might have to try the recipe to make that for David. He loves tiramasu.