Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tagged & An Obsession

I got tagged by the lovely Mendy who I am going to have the honor of running the PF Chang's Rock 'n Roll Half-Marathon in Arizona with in January. Excited does not even begin to describe how I feel about the fact that not only are Mendy and David going to be there, but two of my very best virtual friends who I have known for the past 4+ years but never met are running it, too!!!! I just cannot wait to meet Lisa and Marcy!!!

Okay, enough mushy stuff...onto the rules of the game ;)

-- link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog
-- share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird
-- tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs
-- let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog.

1) I have a brand spanking new obsession that has completely taken over my life. It's called "Coach" and it is serious. I have a few friends that are looking for 12-step programs and are scared. I'm like a crack whore for the "C" :P

2) I can juggle. Not overly well, or for a long period of time, or with any exciting objects. But when my son was 2 or so and needed to be entertained, I taught myself to juggle. Let me tell you, nothing could keep his attention better. Along the same lines, I can do a mean headstand. My kids are so proud of me ;)

3) I have only broke one bone in my life and it was a bone in my foot. It was also a stupid accident that happened in college and I was drunk. I have also only had stitches once, well twice. About 4 years ago I was boating and went to climb off the back of the boat to get in the water (to go to the bathroom - alcohol again involved) and my foot slipped and the prop sliced my shin up pretty good. I think it took somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 stitches to close and about 2 days after I took the stitches out, I busted it back open moving furniture and was fortunate that they re-stitched it.

4) I am a picker. I love to pick at fingernail polish, wallpaper, my poor brother's acne :X It is embarrassing at times.

5) I am a big believer in spirits. I know without a doubt that my son was with me in our living room on Sunday night. I think he is there very often, but on Sunday he made sure I knew it by playing one of his toys (that never goes off like some of the other toys that are uber-sensitive). twice.

6) and I have to add one more because I'm seriously grinning from ear-to-ear....I just got roses. And they are Bee-Ay-You-Ti-Full!!!!!

Not gonna tag anyone, but everyone is welcome to join in the fun!

15 comments:

Wes said...

I may need to introduce you to the joggler :-) He just got through setting a world record for the fastest time joggling a 50 miler :-)

You got roses! So cool! Was this somebody you ambushed? ;-)

Vickie said...

I hate to admit it, but I pick too. My kids hate it. But I do control it quite a bit now. I thought all mothers knew how to juggle?? As for the Rock N Roll Half, I am SERIOUSLY thinking of going as well and will let you know if I can get the airfare pulled together. Right now, that's the only thing holding me back.

Marcy said...

You can juggle?!? How come I didn't know this? LOL

Roses huh? Who's the Mystery man? '-)

Laurel said...

Oooh roses huh?!?! ;)

Pokey said...

Pickers UNITE! (Sadly, I am one too.....my kids HATE it, LOL!)

I am also addicted to the evil "C". We might be kindred spirits! Can't juggle though.... :P

David said...

I'm glad #4 didn't included noses (your own or others). Really looking forward to meeting and running with you too!

Michelle said...

Who gave you the roses, Lori? Huh? Inquiring minds need to know! ;-)

Jess said...

I have the same addiction as #1. It's a powerful drug, isn't it?

P.O.M. said...

Roses? Sweet day!

I'm totally a picker too. My bf HATES it, but I pick at everything all the time. Skin is good, but zits are the best. SO SICK, huh?

J~Mom said...

You better get over that C addiction under control before you come here or we are going to have to go buy something matchy. LOL I looooooove the C word.

I loved your list and I just cannot wait to hug your neck girl.

Nikki said...

Happy Thanksgiving Lori.

Scott McMurtrey said...

i absolutely love jugglers!! i've always wanted to do more than three tennis balls.

Unknown said...

ooooh roses. nice.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Happy Turkey Day Weekend!!!

Great lists and yes I believe in Spirits as well...and it's a good feeling to know that when we leave this place we move on to a better place:-)

Enjoy ur Roses!! Don't pick them-lol

Mendy said...

I know - soooo late in responding. Been a busy Turkey long weekend.

Roses, huh? Hmmm..... I bet they are gorgeous and I'm sure they are well deserved!

You're such a sweetie! and thanks for responding to the "tagged" thingy. I never had an addiction to pricey purses, but have become that way lately - luckily, yesterday while at the outlet mall, I skipped on by the Coach store, probably for good subconscious reasons.

I'm a picker too... Like POM - skin. I know it's weird, but I like pulling it off.

Looking SOOOOO forward to meeting you in person!