Monday, November 26, 2007

I Love Me A Holiday Weekend!

What a whirlwind of a weekend! As insane as it was, I really wish that every weekend could be a holiday weekend :) I am proud to say that I was able to avoid all sweets over the Thanksgiving holiday, but unfortunately the same can't be said about the alcohol. There were many festive family gatherings and the spirits were flowing! I also did a completely craptacular job of getting any runs or exercise of any kind in whatsoever. It was not good, people. Not good at all.

The roses were from a new "friend". And probably top the surprise chart by any random act that any boy has ever done for me in my life. Very impressive. We have a ton in common and had a lot of fun this weekend. He has kids the same ages as mine (give or take a few months) and has also had to deal with the loss of his wife 3 years ago. Kind of scary the similarities, actually. Oh, and on the first date he actually said the "T" word, as in triathlon! I know...shock and awe.

But here is the best part! He WORKS OUT OF TOWN! I have always said that I needed to find me an over-the-road truck driver. You know...gone all week long and home over the weekend. LOL My wish may have been granted!

So, my plan for the week is to get at least two (preferrably 3) quality runs in during the week, get this house cleaned up (4 kids all week long have done a number on it) and just get ready for the weekend to start the insanity again.

Hope everyone got through the holiday weekend in one piece and without too many excess pounds!

Holy Mary! I almost forgot! Metamora won the State Championship on Saturday! It was nail-biting and came down to a last second field goal by their 14-year-old freshman kicker. Talk about the weight of the world on your shoulders!

13 comments:

David said...

Here's a story
Of a lovely lady...

Man, that was totally the first thing that came to mind. His last name isn't Brady, is it?

Glad you had a fun weekend, but back to it girl! ;-)

ws said...

I can totally appreciate your "over-the-road truck driver" sentiment.

Hope you have a great running week.

jahowie said...

So you like a quick weekend relationship, and then freedom the rest of the week huh? :-) I hope that works out for you.

Wes said...

Well, if I had to choose between sweets and alcohol, I know which one I'd pick. Pass the beer please :-)

Great news on the new Beau. Try not to traumatize him, K? LOL...

Jess said...

I used to have a boyfriend in college that I only saw on the weekend. That was nice to have 5 days to do my own thing and then 2 to devote to him. Needless to say though, it didn't work out.

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO David!! I'm going to have to get those little Brady Squares out for you to stick all the mugshots in ;-)

Steve Stenzel said...

Good luck on the runs this week!!!!

P.O.M. said...

I would much rather consume extra calories via booze than sweets! ha ha. Glad you had a great weekend and looking forward to hearing more about this new friend...

Laurel said...

Sounds like a keeper!

Sounds like you and I had a similar holiday. Well, besides the new boyfriend, avoiding sweets and kids part. But the whole "drinking and noexercising thing", I was right there with you!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

the spirits were flowing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
that's always a fun way to keep the fun going:-)

Sounds like a wonderful Turkey Day Weekend!!

J~Mom said...

Lori this post made me smile!! Yay for roses from friends. :>)

Nikki said...

What a great weekend!

Mendy said...

Roses! How sweet. Love the story and hope everything works out the way you want it to.

Don't worry about missing any runs, etc. It was a Holiday! and we're allowed that, and to eat what we want. But, good job on not eating the sweets. It's soooo hard for me to pass those up. That's will power.

We had a similar game (Clemson/Carolina) big rivals and it came down to a field goal for Clemson to win, with a kicker that was given a 50/50 chance of making it. So, we won and I was a happy little camper!

Still SUPER DUPER excited - less than 2 mos away!!!!