Sunday, March 11, 2007

Hurts so Good

LOL! Not really, but I keep telling myself that I like it ;) I got the most awesome workout yesterday! One of my coworkers who is a Gym Goddess let me follow her through her workout (I was actually invited since her usual workout partner was unavailable ;)) yesterday. I started by running 2 miles because I didn't know if she was actually going to come or not so I just figured I would run until I felt like stopping and then hit the machines. Shortly after my second mile she got to the track for her mile warm-up (she is crazy fast, too). So I ran a lap with her and thought I should probably stop and stretch since I was about to pass out from one lap at her pace...heh.

She asked me what I wanted to do and I told her whatever she was doing, I would do too (just minus some of the weight). We started with twisting lunges with a medicine ball down the hallway, then used the resistance bands another couple of sets. Then it was on to upper body. We started out on the mats and did some presses with dumbbells on a swiss ball. Let's see, I am still learning all the muscles, but we did pull-ups (that machine sucks royally), one for our shoulders, another where we pushed straight out and then went to the big machines in the free-weight room. We did biceps and triceps and there was a machine that you pull down that is supposed to give you that rocking "v" from your shoulders to your waist ;) After those, we did squats then quads, hamstrings and calves. We finished with a core one that is actually I guess like a backwards situp? You stand with your quads against a board and then lean over and straighten up. I know that makes no sense, but she said it supposed to work the love handles, which I am all about losing...lol. I can't wait to find out if she did more after I left. I had no choice as the kiddos had been in the daycare for 2 hours and I probably would have had child services called if I didn't come get them ;)

It was a rockin' workout, but I am paying for it today. Oddly enough, my calves are probably the worst for wear. They are not happy with me and I am afraid what tomorrow morning will hold for me. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Good luck biatch...heres to getting out of bed with both legs having feeling tomorrow :p

You learned more then how to use the weights...like how to over do it ;)

You must be stronger uptop then you thought !!

Keep up the good work!