Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Preoccupied

I think I am in a blogging funk. Ever had one? Ugh, I sure seem to be. I got a whole lot of nothing. I did run last night. It was okay. Hot and humid. But done.

I actually think part of my lack of blogging fodder is that my days and nights have been consumed with my boys in blue. If there are any other Cubs fans out there, you know as well as I that there just have not been that many reasons for celebration in the last few, or 99 years :P Actually, that's not true. 2003 was a good one. And before that, there were some really fun times in the mid-80's that I remember with great fondness. I believe I was around 8 years old. My mom and neighbor dressed all the scarecrows in the yard (in her defense it was October, but still...scarecrows????) in Cubs paraphernalia, hung banners, had us kids make banners and posters and just overall Cub-ed out our house/yard. It was a lot of fun and was probably when I really got into sports, especially baseball. I've been hooked ever since.

Normally, the Cubs are just good for taking up about 6 months of viewing time on my television, with the occasional water cooler discussion about how much they suck and why, or why can't we get some decent pitching help in there and then once football season rolls around, I welcome it with open arms. But this year, my dear, dear Cubbies are actually looking pretty darn great and may actually get a post-season series or two out of it after all. So, October, here we come and with the unfortunate spectacle that is this I know that I am thankful to have something to stop the pain for a while more.

Yeah, Grossman, we're just as disgusted.
Sorry, but I've gotta do something to make my eyes stop bleeding.

That'll do it. Now if we can just get him to sack his own quarterback.

11 comments:

ws said...

urlacher is a total hottie and they need to bench Rex. hopefully, for the sake of Chicago, the Cubs make the playoffs and do well. and, yes, I know all about blogger writing block and the other end of the spectrum...

David said...

Wow, are those still pro teams? Ha ha ha, just messin witcha. A true fan is a fan even when the team sucks...for years. ;-)

Hey, just read blogs for a while until you get some inspiration. No sweat, we all get there.

J~Mom said...

I ebb and flow with it. Sometimes I have 10 posts already written in my head and sometimes I got nothing to say. :>X

Glad you have been busy with the boys. Update me on the hotel situation when you can.

Marcy said...

What?!? This isn't a forum for Yankee fans? :P

At least you've been using your time wisely . . .looking at hot men is always good way to spend time ;-)

Scott McMurtrey said...

poor rex, he's just a hard working everyday kinda guy trying to make ends meat.

Mendy said...

Ahhh.. no sweat. I'm in a rut too. I just blogged about my vacation weekend, with little workouts. Need to get back in the gym, out on the road - otherwise I won't have anything to write about.

Glad you're enjoying some sports though! You'll be back before you know it.

Michelle said...

LOL, Lori! I am soooo NOT a Bears fan (sorry, I live in California, after all), but I can understand being disappointed in your team. My San Fran 49ers have been, uh, not-so-good the past few years. And my Sacramento Kings missed the playoffs last season for the first time in nine years. Depressing!

Hang in there!

Oh, and I get in blogging funks from time to time, too!

Jess said...

Oh, I have had several blog funks in the past, but for the most part everyday prompts me to share something with the blogosphere. It's not all great, I know that, but for some reason, posting to my blog feels very satisfying -- like I get to have a conversation with a group of about 20 people every day, and I love these people!

jahowie said...

I'm in a comment funk here. I don't know what to say about Urlacher being a hottie, and I'm so sad that the Tigers are going to miss the playoffs that I just can't be excited about baseball right now. Your Bears screwed me on my fantasy team this weekend with their lousy performance against the Cowboys so I'm kind of irritated with them right now. :-)

Unknown said...

Good news for you is that Grossman is out. The bad news is that your Cubs are going to limp into the playoffs just long enough to be shown the door by the Diamondbacks. Sorry... ;-) Gotta fly my colors, too.

Anonymous said...

When а key choіce manufасtureг iѕ аctive, a
lot like sρrucіng up yоur house fοr sаlе:
yоu'll want to describe the pest, most insects business are unwanted pests that make their brand different.

Feel free to visit my site: Internet Marketing From Home