Thursday, September 6, 2007

Oh My Raging Hormones!

Alright kids, I don't know what the deal is lately, but I am like a dog in heat (Marcy/Lisa zip it :P) So, is it the fact that last week I *tapered* - for what, I'm not sure, but it just sounded better than saying fat, lazy slob - and then made my return to the world of exercise with some crazy runs/cross training this week? Or the endorphin rush from the workouts (but I have to say I have not had it to this degree since I began running before)? Or the slight modification in my diet to try to boost my workouts? Or is it just the darn heat and humidity getting to me?

I honestly have no idea, but I have to say - I'm not really complaining. Men are looking like candy to me these days and it's got me all flushed. In a good way. The only problem is - soon, I will be one of those dirty old men that just goes to the gym to check the hot bodied co-eds :P Not good, my friends, not good at all.

So, I wanted to do another run today, but I was worried about my shins, and rightly so. I mentioned yesterday that I had not done 2 days in a row of running since last Fall, well I knew that 3 days was probably just asking way too much. So, I went to the gym with a plan. I would commit to a mile on the track and depending on how my legs were feeling either keep going or hit the stationary bike for the remainder of the workout. A mile came and I went. The legs weren't feeling horrible, but my shins weren't overly enthused to keep going. I just figured better safe than sorry and hit the bike. 30ish minutes and 7 miles later, I called it a workout.

I am planning on an off day for tomorrow. At least no gym over lunch since I really need to run some errands instead, but I do need to do some core work and keep saying that I am going to get back to doing yoga on a nightly basis, so you never know!

18 comments:

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO!! It must be "that time" in the cycle. I can't believe I'm saying this out loud (oh wait . . .have I seen my blog? Of all things I get embarrassed about the word "cycle") You know what's really gross though (because I get that way also, around "that" time) I see practically any man as man meat and then 2 weeks after it passes I'm thinking to myself "I actually thought that dude was hot 2 weeks ago. Barfo"

Scott McMurtrey said...

just wanted to stop by and say hi. raging hormones. dog in heat. maybe i'll come back tomorrow for something a bit...safer?

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

LOL Scott...I agree might not be safe around here...just please be gentle with me my legs are still sore and watch my blisters :-)

ummm good job on getting those workouts in & watch those shins...keep stretching them ..keep those shins lose...just raise ur foot UP & Down periodically throughtout the day as u stare at the candy--lmao

Wes said...

I just hope you don't ambush some poor unspecting hottie :-) I'm sure he would be petrified ROFL....

Amy said...

Oh that made me laugh...men are looking like candy....ha ha!!!

Mendy said...

You crack me up, girl. candy... haha

I've got to get doing core again. However, yesterday at lunch I did a pilates video (Gaim sp?), and my core region is so sore, so I guess I can count that as core. hehe

Marathoner in Training said...

You are funny, you know those pieces of meat that you are referring to probably would not object to assisting you in your time of need. However if you are not confortable approaching one of them, You can buy items over the internet that can also meet those needs :) Lets keep the blogs at a pg13 rating :)
Good luck on your workout. I just got back after shin trouble.

Larissa said...

Gotta be the taper. Same thing happens to me.

Anyway, candy is candy no matter where you are in the "cycle."

Marathoner in Training said...

I am hoping to complete it around 2.1/4 hrs. I would like to do it sub 2hrs, but I do not want to push it and I would rather complete it with Lisa and Chad and have fun doing it.
I am excited that you decided to get out of the cold and come to Arizona. If you need anything from me, let me know.
My cell number is in the email and a good home email is eric_burr@tempe.gov,
Best of luck with your training and I will see you in January.

David said...

I'm just wondering how the heck you anticipate becoming a dirty old man. Unless I TOTALLY missed something in your blog history...

Okay, that's all I'm going to say. Nothing else that can be said would really be PG 13, I think. Either that, or Mendy would slap me for saying (anger, not embarrasment). :-)

jahowie said...

Guys are looking like candy huh? What gym do you go to again? ;-)

Unknown said...

What, you mean that NOT why we go to the gyms? We don't go just to exercise, right? Damn.

Anyway, great job with the consecutive runs. Sounds like you have earned a rest day...just don't spend all that free time oogling the hotties. ;-)

Nikki said...

I think you have two willing particpants Lori :P One more willing to lay on his back then the other

Jumper 2.0 said...

Funny,

My wife can't decide if I look like a super hero or a candy bar when I am wearing my wet suit.

Maybe I need to pay attention to her cycle to see if said cycle influences her thoughts of how she looks at me. ;-)

J~Mom said...

Oh my gosh, you and all these comments totally made me LOL!! Glad you got some good workouts in! Keep up the great work!

Jess said...

I say ambush a hottie at the gym! Just nab him fresh outta the locker room! I'm sure he won't mind.

ws said...

when my 'cycle' hits that point I dread even one day off from working out. the endorphin decline seems to really get me down.

hope you had a great weekend.

Laurel said...

Hahaha! So funny! Dog in heat! I love it.