Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Thanks Java

Man, this is actually kind of scary for me....I guess that is to be expected since everything I have done for the first time since Kruex's passing has caused the same kind of anxiety in me. You would think I should have learned by now that the worst part is the start, then it all seems to come back and feel comfortable again.

So, since I have last posted I gotten back to the track and to the gym. The running is coming along, VERY slowly, but surely. It is hot and humid in Illinois right now, which is not overly helpful in trying to build my stamina back up. I, however, do have a running partner. A great friend/neighbor of mine has decided she wants to start running so that has given me wonderful excuses to start back up at a nice and easy pace ;)

I am still loving the gym and quite a bit more so than the running, but I am fully committed to both. I believe the journey of an athlete, especially as an endurance athlete is as much a mental commitment as a physical one and I think that is just the kind of journey that this girl is needing right now.

Oh, and Lisa....thanks so much for the gentle kick in the pants I needed to get back to blogging. I promise most of them will be much lighter than this one, but I can't promise all of them will be!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi, Lori.

I actually didn't know you had a blog until Lisa mentioned it on hers today. I hope you are doing OK. ((BIG HUGS))!!!!!

I'll add you to my blog reads. :-)

Nikki said...

wooohooo!! NOw i can read on your running without jumpin your ass about when your going to post :p

1st off..LOVE THE PIC!! Kruex is adorable there...LOVE IT! *kiss*

I'm glad you have a running partner...that must be fun! Do you listen to tunes while running then?

Mom tried decaf once said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! SO happy to see you back on your blog!!!!! Make it about whatever you want, serious or sad we are here to read!!!

Marcy said...

YAY!!!! Lori's here!!! I'm SOOOOO HAPPY!!! ;D ;D I agree with Lisa, no matter what type of post you want to put up you know we're all ears (or eyes)

Awesome on the running bud too! It always helps to have some external butt kicking!

RunMama said...

Hey, I just checked out your blog from Nikki's blog. Nice to meet you. We are neighbors. . .sort of. I'm over here in Eastern Iowa, Quad Cities actually. I would have to agree with the rest of the girls. This is group that goes beyond talking about running. It is about life and we all support each other. Blog way my friend! :D

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and brightening it up.

So sorry to hear about the loss of you little one. I can't even imagine what that is like, but if you need to vent, we will read on.

Glad to hear your running is coming along. Tough time of the year to get good runs in with the heat. Nice that you can share your running with your neighbor, too. Have fun with it...and be careful of that Lisa...she will get you into all kinds of things. ;-)