Monday, March 5, 2007

Ugh, life.

Last week at the gym they started a team program...Around the World in 40 Days. Basically, you choose your goals (anywhere from 125 travel points to 300 travel points). Each travel point equals 1 minute of exercise. So, on Monday, I go in, get my goal set at 300 and am all pumped up about it. That same afternoon, my grandma gets admitted to the hospital with pneumonia and there goes my perfectly planned week. Thankfully, we can count exercise at home (away from the gym) in our point total, so I did end the week with about 340 minutes, but they didn't come the way I had expected them to!

I ran on Monday and Friday at the gym. The Monday run was a great one, but Friday's was just kind of there. I have been doing core work on the ball at home, lots of yoga (which is getting much harder! I must have gotten lucky and started with some easy ones) and have started using dumbbells to do upper body work at home, too. Other than cardio, I have a decent selection of things to choose from at home.

The plan this week is to run MWF and weight train on Tuesday and Thursday. I am really excited to get into the weight training, so hopefully life leaves me alone this week ;)

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I'm glad you still had the determination to do workouts at home...GREAT JOB!!

I am running MWF too ;) but no weights yet..just T and TH are walking days..two hours indoors.

I hope your grandma is feeling better and back at home!