Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Getting the run back!

It is finally coming back and I love it! LOL I did 3.1 at the gym yesterday and it felt soooooo much better than any running has felt in the last couple of weeks. I was seriously starting to wonder if I just wasn't meant to be a runner afterall! So, 3.1 miles, averaging 10:30 minutes per mile...not horrible. I definitely want to get that number down, but would like to see my mileage right around 5 miles comfortably before I really start worrying about speed. I think that will come in time, and if I'm completely off-base, let me know!

As far as other matters go, today is supposed to be an offday from running. I know that my shins and legs would thank me if I gave them the day off, but I am dealing with some pretty decent stress right now that would probably be banged out a lot easier around the track than on the elliptical. Maybe I will try the stairmaster instead...I just need something to lose myself on for a while and something that will kick my butt at the same time.

I am also staying with the yoga pretty strong. I really love it. I did 40 minutes last night after the chickens went to bed and felt so great and relaxed and slept like a rock! I had been planning on getting up early to do it before work, but the kids' sleep has been way off for the past few weeks and I have just been fitting it in where it would fit (normally before I go to bed), but I actually think I really prefer it that way as it is so relaxing.

3 comments:

J~Mom said...

Come on, 10 minute miles are fast! :>)

Great job!

Nikki said...

Great Job! I think the distance is a better way to concetrate right now too..well that is what I'm doing ;) and then the speed will come after.

Good for you with 40 min yoga! No wonder you slept like a rock!

Faithful Soles said...

Great job on the 3.1 miler. I know how it feels to come back after a setback. I'm in week 8 of a bad left shin splint (ran the Austin Marathon with it 10 days ago). I'm taking a couple of more weeks off before I start back. It will feel good to run again. If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles. I have a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database on there and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it.