Friday, February 16, 2007

Irony

I find it so ironic that at this phase in my life I am more motivated than ever to accomplish some pretty major physical goals. I think I have pretty much talked myself into trying a triathlon this summer (just have to figure out where I am going to steal a bike from :P), but in doing so and trying to figure out my training schedule I have realized just how much time I have wasted over my life.

This past year has really gotten me to value "time" and it has been really difficult for me to watch people (mostly my brother and his ex) cry around about how "busy" they are. If they only knew. I think I finally started respecting “time” last April when I discovered Dave Ramsey and the concept of financial peace. Oh man, how I wished that I had the time to work two, or even three, jobs to get my debt off of my back. Now I am really feeling it again, big time. I have the utmost respect for someone who can get up at 3:30 in the morning to train, and I envy them. I have been playing the math game in my head to figure out how long before Jack will be old enough to leave the house to go for an early morning run….the way I see it, I only have oh, five more years until that can happen. Ugh. And my only other option in that regard is to live with someone and at this point in time, I would prefer hot pokers in my eyeballs.

So, while I can’t begrudge my brother for wasting all that precious time – I did it. I would probably still be doing it if it weren’t for the lack of time that I have now – I still really wish that it was possible for him to share a bit of it with me.

I wish that I had the foresight during college to realize everything that was at my fingertips. Access to a GREAT gym for FREE!!!! And seriously all the time in the world. But the only thing that I did during that time in my life was party, get fat and put myself into debt. It only took 10 years to grow up and decide right all the mistakes that I made back then. So, while I know there is no use looking back or dealing in the past, it sure makes me wonder what the next 10 years have in store for me if I really decide to participate in them!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

BLah..i know what you mean! Here I sit at home..and I still can't fit in all that I want :-/

But..your mindset it awesome! It will make things happen for you and your kiddos.

Oh, and wasn't being in a relationship like hot pokers too LMAO!!

Great things will come to you Chicka, Your one inspiring woman!

J~Mom said...

Standing up and clapping!! Seriously that was great!!

DEBTective said...

Dollface, just wanted to say thanks for spreading the word about Dave Ramsey and debt freedom. Good luck on deep-sixing your own debt. Here's looking at you, kid. www.debtective.com