Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Baggage

Have you ever noticed how tired running with anger makes you? Yesterday's run was like that. The 3-year-old woke up on the ugly side of the bed and things just never got better...you know those days. Work was driving me up the wall, co-workers were making me crazy, people driving down the road could do nothing right - just THAT kind of a day. I knew I was going to run over my lunch as soon as we left the house and it was just made all that much more certain by the time I got to the office. It was the kind of day if I didn't run, someone may have gotten hurt. really.

So I hit the track at noon and ran my little heart out...which really isn't much these days since the HUGE slackfest that was December and January. But I put in 2.5 miles and was averaging around a 10-minute mile even with the walk breaks here and there. And when I left the track I realized how tired I was. More tired than normal and I got to thinking that it just wears on you to hold all that stress and frustration inside. I knew that I had to run enough so that I was too tired to fight or argue and that's what I did. Who would have known that running could be more numbing than alcohol! LOL

I also think I have come up with a new plan for this year since the Tri that I really wanted to enter is full....like popping at the seams full. I still may jump into another one quick just because I really want to do one, but if I don't, it won't be a total loss. So, my new plan will be coming soon. I need to think a little while more on it and make sure I am in my right mind (which is highly doubtful ;)) and then will be back to reveal it to cyberspace :).

2 comments:

J~Mom said...

Woohoo!!!!!! Great job on 10 minute miles!! All of that hard work at the gym is paying off!!

Nikki said...

GO GO GO!!! I think that should be your new blog name :p

I'm glad doing so well, and having fun!