Thursday, March 15, 2007

It May be True Love

Have you met my new boyfriend? His name is Gym. He gives me everything I need and knows I hate all that mushy crap. When I am pissed off, he lets me work my aggression out on him. When I am conflicted, he just lets me find my own pace and work through my own issues. Oh, he's there when I am happy and feeling on top of the world, too. He really is a great guy, my Gym.

Bad mood doesn't even come close to describing how I was feeling this morning. Irritable - not even close to being in the realm of where I was at. I was so far more than these feelings, these words that it wasn't even funny. You see, my dear, dear friends. I am in the process of stopping smoking. Yes, that's right. Now, before you go jumping into your "that's great" "you will feel so much better" blah, blah bullshit, I have to warn you that right now at this moment the only thing that will make me feel better is a cigarette and I could honestly give a crap about anything else.

But with the help of my Wonder Woman co-worker and my true love, I honestly feel like I may not just beat the snot out of someone today for no apparent reason. So, there is hope. If I can make it through today, I may just make it. And that is the only reason I need to continue this wonderful love affair.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm glad you have Gym in your life :)

J~Mom said...

Gym is so good to you! He costs too much around here or I would have my own Gym. :>)