Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Rebounding

So Saturday really let me have it on Sunday and Monday, so I have definitely slowed the pace down for a couple of days. I took the kids on a walk to try to loosen up my muscles both nights and did yoga last night (Monday). I really think that did a world of good. The whole time I was doing it, my joints were popping and creaking, but it didn't hurt at all and I felt like a new woman afterwards. I need to keep that in mind the next time I overdo it.

I am still pretty sore, going up and down steps is rough, but not nearly as bad as yesterday was, so I decided that no more wimping out on the gym, time to get back on that horse ;) I definitely didn't have time to be nearly as intense as Saturday, but I got in a really good workout and felt great the whole time. I did a pretty decent upper body and ab/core workout. So tell me this....why is it that as soon as I put my heels back on in the locker room, my legs were whining again? I got in a warm-up mile and a solid 40 minutes of weights and felt super and the minute I stop, the muscles are back crabbing at me again. I just don't get it.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Those muscles are skeeered!!! ;)

They are scared your going to whip them like Sat :)

J~Mom said...

Woohoo!! Great job jumping back in!