Saturday, August 11, 2007

Stood Up and Asked Out

Today was busy. I had a *date* with my cellmate, Kathy, for BodyPump at the gym at 9:00 a.m. At 7:30 a.m. she called to say she wouldn't be there. I was disappointed because I was really looking forward to trying BodyPump. For a normal person, this wouldn't have really been that big of a deal because they would have just gone ahead and done it anyway. I, apparently, am not a normal person :P I don't usually think of myself as a shy person, but when it comes to trying something new, I would rather try it with a friend. Um...not so much *rather*, as it is kind of something I *need*. So, since I was already up and dressed in my finest gym attire, I figured I may as well just go and do weights instead. So, since it had already been figured in as a part of my day, I loaded up the kids and off we went to the gym.

I dropped them off at the daycare, do my mile warm-up and then started with some arm work off to the side with the ball. I moved to a couple of the machines in the area with the treadmills and ellipticals and then moved on into the free weight area. I was probably 3/4 of the way done with my workout and was on the machine that is supposed to make your back look like a "V" (even though I have come to the realization that if I ever want to be "V" instead of "I I" I am probably going to have to do a lot more ab work :P) when I noticed a guy who was doing the leg press. This was a big guy and when he started, he had maybe 300 or so pounds on it. Needless to say, I was pretty impressed by that. By the time he was done, he had over 500 pounds that he was doing. What can I say...I'm easy to impress :P In the meantime, I had moved to a leg machine and there I was, minding my own business, when he starts talking. You know...it started with the lame old "Have you been working out here for long? I don't think I have seen you before." and ended with him asking me for my number :O I did give it to him, probably for the same reason that I am too chicken to try BodyPump by myself for the first time, I am also too chicken to say no, plus I figure it is easier to dodge a phone call that I don't want than it is to reject him to his face.

So, all this (other than just being way good for my ego) got me thinking. I am actually a HUGE believer in fate. People always say "everything happens for a reason" when things are not going well, but I actually do believe it. Especially since losing Kruex. I honestly do think that there is a reason for everything...experiences/choices/people are placed in our paths for genuine reasons. Nothing is chance. Everything is a part of a life lesson. So, maybe Kathy standing me up was meant to happen...and maybe this guy will hold another lesson that I am meant to learn. In the same token, I am not saying that *fate* brought us together. Heck, who knows if he will even call...or if I will answer ;)

11 comments:

J~Mom said...

I think you should totally answer!!!

Great job getting to the gym and working out.

Marcy said...

Oooooooooooohhhh look at you getting picked up by the studs at the gym ;D

Was he cute? Did he seem somewhat intelligent? LOL

Awesome job with the workout chica ;D

Jess said...

Fate has interesting intentions, huh?

Nikki said...

I am soo with yah on the fate...You already knew that ;)

Guess you have to take the camera to the gym next time.

Hey, remember JIM? LOL TOTALLY made me think of him!

Guess he was looking for.....

I don't know if I would have been able to talk....

ws said...

I couldn't agree more that everything happens for a reason. I hope fate has brought you something good - though I too would be anxious about answering the phone...

jahowie said...

Getting picked up by random guys at the gym huh? You must be doing some impressive work yourself!!:-)

Wes said...

Scoring some digits, eh? LOL. So cool. I guess destiny was nudging you along a certain path there. Good luck with whatever you decide :-)

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

You Wrote: Nothing is chance. Everything is a part of a life lesson.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
True words!!... Good luck with ur gym connection :) & it's ok to answer and talk with him...possibly meet for a lunch in a crowded area---LOL ( well U have to be safe u know :)

Have a great week

Krista said...

Completely agree. Even if it wasn't fate bringing you "together," it was fate that put you two in the same gym so you could get your confidence-boost for the day. I say answer! Although any man who can press 500 lbs is a little intimidating to me!

Mendy said...

I enjoy the way you think and agree -"everything happens for a reason". I believe in fate too!

Girl go do that body pump class! You can!!!!

Laurel said...

NIIIIICEEEE!!!

Way to go girl, way to work it at the gym.
I meant the workout of course ;)