Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Thank You!

Oh man, guys! Thank you so much for all your support and kind words. It really means so much to me. The weekend actually got a lot better. I went up to my mom's on Friday night and hung out with my brothers and cousins. It was just what I needed. I even went for an early morning run on Saturday morning with one of my cousins and she helped me soooooooo much with my breathing and how to tackle hills, how to hold my arms, etc. It was awesome. Saturday was another family day and then on Sunday Payton and I hit church and then went to get Fall decorations with my friend and ended the day with a cookout at home.

It is funny, but on those days that seem to have some sort of significance, like Kruex's birthday - or Sunday - the 6 month date since he passed, cooking out with the family seems to be just what I need. It was good. My grandma came, which I was so thankful for. She hasn't been having an easy time since Grandpa died either. I really need to make a better effort to be there for her. We are seeing her at least once a week, but I feel like I need to do more.

I had a really good run last night. It was raining and the kids were with my friend and I think it may have been one of the best runs I have had yet. I figure it was somewhere between 3.5 to 4 miles. If it weren't for responsibilities, I think I could have easily gone another mile and maybe even more. Not long for most of you, but for me, that is pretty impressive :P

13 comments:

Wes said...

The distance matters naught! What I admire is the personal fortitude, the love, the compassion, the perseverance in all things good... Rock on :-)

J~Mom said...

I am so happy to hear that you got time in with the family! Your family has so much love and appreciation for each other!

Your run was awesome!! Great job!

Jess said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and you got some therapeutic time with your family. Good job on the run!

David said...

Great to hear back from you, and awesome news from the weekend. Strength in numbers, especially when everyone cares so much for each other. I'm sure the family enjoyed having you there just as much as you needed it.

Oh, and way to have a great run, too! Sounds like a very theraputic weekend.

Marcy said...

I'm so happy that you had fam time :-) and you're feeling better.

Awesome job on that run!! Sometimes running in the rain is really refreshing :-)

ws said...

happy to have you back and great run!

running in the rain can be fun, I suppose, if it isn't every run!

Scott McMurtrey said...

i'm happy you had a good weekend. :)

and glad you got a good rain run in. rain runs are some of my favorite. (i have to tell myself that because it's beginning to rain here...)

jahowie said...

Nice job on the run. Especially if you were wanting more. Keep up the good work. I'm glad that you had a good weekend!! :-)

Grandma said...

sounds like it was just what you needed:))))great job on your run!!

Larissa said...

Cookouts, church and running in the rain. Doesn't get any better than that. And 3.5 -4 miles is a good run, sistah. Don't you ever knock what you're out there doing. Most mommies are sittin' on their butts eatin' ding dongs and watchin' Oprah and swearin' they'll start the South Beach Diet next week. You're doing awesome!

Nikki said...

Sounds like a pretty good weekend :) Thinking of you all!

Laurel said...

Great job on the run! So good to hear you are feeling better :)

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Congrats on ur run & glad ur feeling better!! keep moving that butt :-)