Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Running with the Kid

Why is it that some weeks fly by and then there are those that just drag on seemingly forever? This feels like one of those weeks, but I am sure since we are at the halfway point now it will be Monday again before I know it. Payton stayed with my mom on Monday and Tuesday, so last night Jack and I took advantage of the beautiful weather and the fact that mom was bringing Payton home to get a run in before they got there. I realized on Monday that the FOLEPI 4 miler is the Saturday after Thanksgiving, which means only about a month or so and I should probably not torture the poor kid by making him just run 4 miles cold turkey. He did well, as I expected. I think we got in about 3 miles and were going to keep going, but then I got the most horrid cramp in my side (actually it was more in my diaphragm) and I could barely even get a breath when we were about two blocks from home. So, we called it good and met the rest of the family uptown for dinner. Poor kid woke up this morning with sore legs :(

Everything is all set for Phoenix in January. Airline tickets are booked. Hotel is booked (as of yesterday :)) and Race is registered for. I am starting to think that I may have lost my mind when I decided to do this, but I figure I will finish my sheer determination if nothing else :P I am just looking forward to getting out of Illinois in January!

20 comments:

Wes said...

Here is an interesting article on side stitches. Nice job on the run with kiddo! You guys are great. You signed up for the half mary? Woo hoo! Won't that be exciting!!! You can do it!! Just need to find the right plan...

Jess said...

Yeah, what is up with this week? It is dragging by!

Mendy said...

That's great he's running, and that's far for a kid. Awesome!

So, did you find some good deals on hotels/airline tickets for RnR? Just curious.

:-) (wink)...

My Life said...

Wait - are you doing PF Changs??? Is that what you mean??

(& I think it is so cool your kid runs with you. Very special.)

J~Mom said...

Where are you staying? I have to know I am soooo excited!!!!

I can't believe it's almost time for the trail run! You are going to do awesome!!!!!!!

J~Mom said...

http://rnrmarathonaz.blogspot.com/2007/10/reserve-banquet-room.html

Pat said...

Welcome to our RnR AZ blog. We'd love to have you post on it. If you'd like to, just email me. I need to get your email address to invite you.

Are you staying at the San Marcos? It's a very historic property in downtown Chandler.


Javamom is planning some get togethers, Tigger is helping a lot too. I am managing the blog. It should be a great weekend.

Pokey said...

Cant wait to meet you in January!!!

Larissa said...

You're going to love the race, I just know it! You won't regret it! Run it for fun, run it for the challenge and run it for prego old me who can't seem to get any farther than 5 miles.

Marathoner in Training said...

That is awesome that you are comming to Phx. Keep us posted on your plans on the blog. Now if I can just keep Java~mom from screaming too much.

ws said...

the week is dragging by? are you crazy?

Anyway, I've been thinking for the last 10 days that I've lost my mind. And, yes, with only 10 miles to run over the next 90 hours or so I'm sure I'll start eating my own flesh soon...oh well, this must be payment for all the good things that have happened in the last 15 weeks. Trust me, it is well worth it - especially after you cross the finish line.

My Life said...

Yay! You ARE running RnR! Get on our blog! Now! Hurry up! ;)

Here's to your training!!

Nikki said...

awh....Mr J is going to do great! I'm glad hes out there with yah again :D Brothers running this time?

Not hotel Java?

jahowie said...

I kept thinking that it was Thursday on Tuesday!! Keep up the great work on the running. I wish that I could get out of the midwest in January. That is going to be an amazing trip!!

Gotta Run..... said...

I love running with kids!! Makes me feel so young!

Yes.... you booked and made your plans for RNR!! I love it and you have not lost your mind at all.

We will all be cheering you on all the way to the finish line.

Marcy said...

Whooooo Hooooooo I can't wait for you to smack Lisa in the face for me . . .excuse me I mean hug her LOL JK!!

David said...

That's awesome that you got to run together! I hope he looks back on it fondly.

PF Changs in January, huh? Hmmmm...

ws said...

just wanted to stop by and say thank you for all your supportive comments. hope you have a great weekend.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

way to Book ur trip to Phoenix and register for the race....

Keep focused, ur going to do great!! understand now everything counts so on those days when it's tough to get moving GET moving anyway and on those days when you want some junk food, drink some water--lol it will pass...

Yes it will get a bit stressful but it is exciting to know that you have ur GOAL in place and step by step it comes together!!

Keep Focused !!

Laurel said...

Haha, thanks for checking on me this week! It means a lot to know that you guys are wondering about my race!

I can't believe you signed up for the half-mary! That is so awesome! I so know you will kick ass! What race are you doing?

Your little one runs with you huh? That is so cool! I can't believe he busted out 3 miles like that.